cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the IP profile be overridden, I think mine is stuck.

elslurs
Dabbler

Can the IP profile be overridden, I think mine is stuck.

I believe my IP profile may be stuck at 0.5mbps, left the line untouched for 3 days and still no movement from 0.5mbps.
Line appears to be stable, I have just connected the router back to the test socket and will leave there for now for another few days.
Is there any way the IP profile can be set manually from plus net's end?
Also SNR Margin is starting at 15db which is higher than normal. We are on Kilkhampton exchange 20CN.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Can the IP profile be overridden, I think mine is stuck.

You'll need the Plusnet DCT guys to do a SNR reset (but they won't be on these forums until Tuesday).
Have you had issues with your connection recently?
elslurs
Dabbler

Hi,
Yes we had problems with the line during the last half of july which ended up being a physical disconnect on our pair in the overhead cables about 500m along our line we lost our phone line and the adsl clung on but at about 10kb, resulted in BT replacing some of the overhead cable at the start of August which restored the phone line and the ADSL but all the disconnects etc. pushed the profile down and it's yet to come back up.
Have been resisting temptation to fiddle with the router and left it connected to normal socket (single extension from master) and the test socket for days at a time.
Had a stuck IP profile on this line last year so wouldn't suprise if it happened again.
This mornings BT speedtest results
Download speed achieved during the test was - 0.46 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5.73 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps

Thanks.
elslurs
Dabbler

Still experiencing this problem, hoping someone can pick this up this morning.
This mornings (tusday) BTw speedtest:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.38 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5.82 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps
Would like my IP profile set back to 5000 as it's now approaching 4 weeks that it's been pushed down.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi elslurs,
The profile follows the synch speed.  The synch speed inversely follows the SNRM - if SNRM rises synch speed falls.
SNRM rises if there is noise on the line, usually due to a fault.
Quote from: elslurs
Also SNR Margin is starting at 15db which is higher than normal. We are on Kilkhampton exchange 20CN.

In short your profile cannot be "fixed" as you have requested until issues with the line have been addressed.  It could be the case that the SNRM simply needs to be reset - that might have been done after the BTOR repair and it might have risen again due to another fault or incomplete repair.  It seems strange that the BT profile has not changed, which might suggest there is still a fault on the line.  Until the BT profile changes, there is no point in PN changing their profile.
Can you please provide all of the information requested on the speed issues thread at the top of this forum?
Is the phone line noisy?  Dial 17070 option 2 using a corded phone in the master socket.  If the line is noisy, please raise a voice line fault with your phone line provider.  Until a noise fault has been resolved, there is no benefit trying to progress a broadband fault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DanHodby
Grafter

Hi elslurs,
I'm sorry to hear about the slow speeds recently. I've ran some tests on your connection and it looks like there's a potential issue with the phone line, this will be causing the IP profile to drop.
I've opened up a ticket on your account so if you are able to respond to we can arrange for an engineer to investigate. 
Cheers,
Dan