cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open registration page - Support frustration!

neilmac3

Can't open registration page - Support frustration!

Hi,
Anyone else had this problem, I've given up with the support tickets. Router set up but no internet light, laptop connects but can't open the page to register and configure router. Support says just open the registration page and configure router. Doh! Attached screen grab.
18 REPLIES 18
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can't open registration page - Support frustration!

That is a problem between you and the router - are you using a wireless or wired connection
neilmac3

Wireless but I've tried it with ethernet cable same result
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

neilmac3,
As per when I gave you a call today I will send you a support ticket with instructions which will hopefully allow you to resolve this. If it doesn't I'll sort out another call.
For the benefit of others it sounds like this issue was caused by the router not connecting to our TR69 platform so you'll need to configure it manually.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

How can it be manually configured when you can't access the router or are there two separate problems
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neilmac3,
I've been on the phone to your wife and  your router is now configured and you are connected to the internet. Please let us know if you have any trouble with the wireless connectivity so we can look into this further as we had trouble with your wife;s laptop but get back to me here if you have trouble connecting the others.
Jojo Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

How can it be manually configured when you can't access the router or are there two separate problems

I thought that at first Jim but maybe the router is clever ( or stupid! ) and, on the initial setup, if it can't contact the TR069 server it just redirects the home page to a ( sort of ) 'not found' page. If that's the case then a more informative error page would have been useful.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barky
Grafter

have just had trouble -- unable to connect to router url
no broadband connection with me at all since tuesday ... power light on red constantly with dsl & status lights flashing occasionally
no wireless OR cable link able to be established with dlink router
have support ticket via my internet enabled phone -- and nice people at plusnet have enabled dial up
most irritating bit is a plusnet customer next door has no problems
how long do dlink 2460b wireless routers last?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi barky,
Red power light not a good sign I'm afraid. Have you tried a factory reset (usually via a pinhole on the back of the router) If it's still the same after that I would suggest replacing the router.
Jojo Smiley
barky
Grafter

yes, have tried factory reset ... twice ... much to my disappointment nothing changed
know of a few folk around here who've lost connection & am wondering if its a line fault (or something) but tests I did via my phone browser seemed to say it probably wasn't an external problem
my suspicion is the router though ...... but not that keen to spend £60 + on something that isn't broke
If it ain't too snowy tomorrow I shall try to hunt out a router ..... linksys or whatever is a half decent one these days  Undecided
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi barky,
Well you could always get one from us for just the £4.99 postage and packaging. The router is free if you stay with us for 12 months (£40 otherwise)
Also our staff are fully trained to on any issues you may have with it and can replace it free of charge if it were to fail.
...just a suggestion Wink
Jojo Smiley
barky
Grafter

eerk  .... hadn't thought of that
PN supplied router's wireless signal was always a bit weak so I've gone & taken the opportunity to order a stronger twin antenna wireless router
shall hunt through member centre for how to order up a replacement PN router I shall
but  ..... good idea to have a spare
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi barky,
If you have a card registered on the account that I can take the P&P charge from then I can arrange it for you.
Jojo Smiley
barky
Grafter

taking an ice age to check on dial up .... but yes card is registered on account
do you need any info from my end or can you detect it via IP address etc?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Barky,
No, we find it from your username. I've done that now, will be with you in 2-3 working days.
Jojo Smiley