cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log-in into Barclays online banking app?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Can't log-in into Barclays online banking app?

I'm using the recently-sent Sagemcom router and everytime I try to log in, I get the message "Unable to connect - please check your connection or signal strength before you retry." It was working perfectly fine with the Tg582n one.

The signal strength is maximum and there's no problem with any other banking app. like Halifax. Log-in is fine on the laptop but not via the S3 phone. Incidentally I've been having connection problems with that phone ever since I've been using the new router.

I can't believe there's so many problems with such a fairly new router.

What can I (or PN) do to resolve the above?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Can't log-in into Barclays online banking app?

A common first test is to change the name of the SSID of the 5GHz wireless mode. The how to is given at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides . Just click on the picture of the Hub One and then click on the text heading "How do I check or Change my WiFi settings" . You will need to unclick the box "Sync with 2.4Ghz (5Ghz band only)"

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Cagney1994
Rising Star

@SpendLessTime Thanks but it's the 2704n one that I've got. And re. the Wifi Mode; it's on the 'up to 144 Mb/s' option. The other ones are up to to 300 Mb/s or 54 Mb/s.

Which one would be best?

SpendLessTime
Hero

The best is subjective as in which one works for you is the real answer.

The faster of the 2 (300Mbps) may be the least reliable as it increases the number of WiFi channels in use to get the speed. So in areas with lots of WiFi traffic, the better option can be the "up to 144Mbps" as it is more bandwidth efficient.

SpendLessTime
Hero

@Cagney1994

Have you checked how much WiFi congestion you have at your home?

I used a free app from the Play store on my S3 called WiFi Analyzer by Farproc at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB and it gives a nice display of which WiFi stations are near and the strength of the signals. It also recommends which channel to switch your router to in order to achieve the best signal.

However it sometimes recommends using a channel outside of the range (1,6,11) which is a bad idea and this article explains why in more detail http://www.metageek.com/training/resources/why-channels-1-6-11.html

Cagney1994
Rising Star

@SpendLessTime - Everything is more or less the same re. wifi devices in the house, as well as neighbours' wifi.

The thing is, the Tg582n had no problem whatsoever. I'm quite tempted to go back to it again if there's not much of a full solution.

Also, not all the devices connected via wifi are showing on when I log into the router. A very poor show.

SpendLessTime
Hero

The newer the router, the less it does sadly. They make them simpler but lose the functionality.

This post in a very long thread probably sums up your feelings about going back to the TG582n https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Sagem-2704N-connection-problems-with-m...

There didn't seem to be a good solution to all the problems in that thread.