Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get static ip

FIXED
mmonks
Hooked

Can't get static ip

Hi,

I've just moved to plusnet and I'm trying to activate a static ip but the button to do so doesn't work for me, it just returns me to the same page saying I have a dynamic ip.

Is this just something that will work in a few days or is it something I need to call and get fixed?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Can't get static ip

Have you ordered a static IP and paid the one-off £5.00 fee? If so, try turning the Hub off and restarting it, or just reboot it.

John
mmonks
Hooked

Thanks for the quick reply! I haven't paid the extra money so I imagine that's why the button isn't working.

On the addons page it says £0.00 for the static ip, but there is a notice at the top of the page that says "Unable to change service. You can't change products for the moment, our system may be updating. Please try again later" but it has said that since before my broadband was connected.

So I guess my question is really about whether that notice will disappear by itself in time or is something that I need to make plusnet aware of?

Thanks,

Mark

jab1
Legend

I don't believe the static IP has suddenly become a 'free' add-on, but will tag someone who may know more than me - I'm no longer a PN customer, so there are sections of the Member Centre that don't work for me - I am unable to check.

As to  the 'notice', these now, for some reason need staff intervention to clear.

@MisterW  / @Townman  - any clues on the 'static' price?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

Fix

@jab1  depends on whether it's a business account or residential, it's free on business and £5 on resi.

@mmonks I'm pretty sure the online ordering of Static is broken. Either call customer services or wait for one of the Plusnet staff to respond here

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

As they are not offering business a/c's any more, I'd place a bet it was residential, @MisterW  - but I could be wrong.

Forgot the online order option was fubared , as well.

John
mmonks
Hooked

Thanks for the info - I'll give plusnet a call. You've saved me from waiting a few days in vain for the online order button to start working! And thanks everyone who replied

Mark