cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get connected

EvaHerts

Can't get connected

Hello,
I still have no broadband. I spoke on the phone with an adviser yesterday morning (Wednesday) and he suggested I inspect the line in because there's a lot of noise on the phone line. Pictures are attached. The photo of the front should show a T mark in the bottom right hand corner of the plate. When I went through all of this with BT they seemed to think that was the problem too but chose to do absolutely sod all about it which is why I moved to Plusnet. Please don't let me down! I've been a month without broadband. Much longer and I'll learn to live without it. The danger to me of having poor communications at home, and mobile signal is intermittent, is I live by myself so if I have an emergency I won't be able to let anyone know. I don't like feeling this vulnerable.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Can't get connected

Hi there,
If that is your master socket it doesn't have the test socket the agent was talking about... do you have any other phone sockets in the premises at all?
Ideally it should look something like this:

The bottom half pulls outwards once the screws are removed and the test socket is behind that. If you don't have one please let us know.
EvaHerts

Hi Matt,
No, I don't have one like that. House is tiny and I would definitely have found another socket by now if it existed. What's the solution? Will you send me something else in the post that I wire-in?
Thanks,
Eva
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Wish we could, unfortunately though we're not able to. This will need raising as a fault (if you could report it at http://faults.plus.net that'd be great and our dedicated team will get onto it for you) and get a BT Openreach engineer out, he'll fit a master socket for you.
EvaHerts

I'm connected! Monumental day!  Grin
I have the new type of socket installed in my house now, not that the socket was the problem.  The new phone number I was given by BT had a duff set-up at the exchange. Not synced, hence no broadband. So all the times the phone line was being checked and I was being treated like an idiot it turns out that the BT technical advisers weren't doing the right checks. They lost a customer and PlusNet are my heroes. Happy ending.
I'm going to test the no-limit data deal now.
Thanks!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad you're online Smiley
If there's anything else give us a shout.