cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access settings once in toThomson TG585 v8 router control panel?

Rik13
Grafter

Can't access settings once in toThomson TG585 v8 router control panel?

When I enter the router control panel  by entering the ip address  192.168.1.254 and after entering the admin username and password, I am presented with what looks like a simplified version of the control panel, with only hyper-links referring  to the settings available in each area. If I click one of them nothing happens so you can't access any of the wireless settings for example.Or anything else in the other sections . It's a while since I was in there but seems to be no way of accessing anything. I had to enter the default  password  too, and I'm sure I changed it to one of my own before?
It's the same in any browser I try too.. This is what it looks like...

13 REPLIES 13
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: Can't access settings once in toThomson TG585 v8 router control panel?

What browser? Have you tried clearing the cache and history. Try another web browser (e.g. Google Chrome) to see if that fixes it.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's the same in any browser I try too.
 Wink
First a quick point, you'd be better posting pics like that as a .jpg attachment, clarity will be better.
If you think this is because you changed your password, try logging in with a rubbish password and see if you get the same.
If so, you'll have to try and remember your password, or do a factory reset in which case you'll have to re-do any custom settings. I would power down, pause a few minutes and disconnect the line and stay of line whilst doing the reset and any customised settings to save possible multiple resyncs and the exchange DLM thinking you have a dropping connection.
Rik13
Grafter

There was a fault at the local exchange a few weeks back and the connection was lost and I powered the router down and restarted it before I realised the fault was the exchange. Although I know how to set the router up and alter settings if need be, I''ve not a clue how it all works behind the scenes.
I have to enter the password to get to the page and display that page. It accepts the password, which is the default one, and it lets me in (maybe I didn't reset the password ,it's a while since I set it up and maybe I left it on default?) I just posted the picture to show the general layout of the page really, rather than the content, which if you can see looks different to normal and none of the blue links pointing to the relative settings pages work.
When you mouse over the links this is an example of what it says the link targets are in the info' bar at the bottom of Firefox..... javascript:GoAndRemember('/cgi/b/secpol/ov/',%20''  . Maybe it's a javascript fault?  Tried clearing caches and disabling add ons too, same in all browsers.
I do have a backup .ini file for the router which I created a few months ago after I added a laptop to the network when all was OK , but as everything seems to be working behind the scenes I doubt this would do anything , the problem seems to be with the interface so I can't get in to restore it any way???
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

All the links are meant to be javascript calls like the one you posted. That one is for the Firewall security policies. When I click it the function argument is added to the address display (with a query string) and I am shown the selected information.
I suspect a Factory Reset on the router could be tried.
David
Rik13
Grafter

Presuming after I reset it, & if the interface page looks and behaves as it should, will restoring  the router configuration back up file I made put all the settings back in for any wireless devices which are currently using the router? (the back up was done when the last one was added)
jim:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Sorry, I don't know if backup saves and restores the complete configuration. However making notes before trying a reset would seem prudent.
David
Rik13
Grafter

Thanks for the advice ,but I won't be able to note anything down because accessing the settings to view them or alter them is the problem I have.
If a reset doesn't cure this problem and I still can't access the interface to put all the relative info back in manually or otherwise I'll be without connections I suppose? As everything else seems to be working it may be as well to leave this reset until I really have to?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Yes, hadn't thought of that. However if a reset doesn't fix the problem a configuration restore is unlikely to work either.
I suggest raising the problem with Plusnet either via ticket or calling support. Trying a reset is likely to be the suggested action but if that doesn't work a replacement router will be needed. Is your current one less than 12 months old?
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I suggest raising the problem with Plusnet either via ticket or calling support.

No need, just drop me a reply on here if you need to and I'll pick it up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rik13
Grafter

Adam,
I got the router  just under a year ago when i signed up to Plus net. My 12 month contract is up next month, and the router seems to be working fine on the ethernet cable and with any wireless device connected to it including a printer. It's just the  interface control panel that's not working.
What it looks like is a basic form of the index /home page with a disconnect button (which I don't want to click just in case) but none of the links to the sub categories function ?
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I thought it best in this instance to arrange a replacement for you. A TG582n is on the way and should get to you within the next 3 working days.
Any further problems just let me know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Rik13
Grafter

That's great, thanks!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I hope this one works out OK for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team