cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Technicolor home page.

racingsteve

Can't access Technicolor home page.

My wireless printer wouldn't print this afternoon so I re-installed the drivers (as you do!) and it still wouldn't work.
So I thought it might be a problem with my router - Technicolor TG582n - but I can get 'onto' it., browser just says 'waiting for 192.168.1.254'.
Plugged an ethernet cable in and all the print jobs start printing but still can't get the page to load.
I've tried on 2 computers - Win 7 and Win 8.1 - with Chrome, IE and Firefox.
The router is working fine, I'm posting, wirelessly, now via it.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Can't access Technicolor home page.

i've had this before.. seems to be the start of a slow decline until it crashes.
Restarting it is the only way to recover it from what I've found!
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
racingsteve

Thanks for the quick reply.
So, basically it's on it's way out  Angry
Silly question, will PN replace it FOC or do I need to buy a new one? I'm guessing I need to buy a new one but how do I get it to work?
I ask because the PN supplied one had all the required details in it.
I haven't needed to restart it because, mysteriously, the printer is working now.
Computers don't you just love them  Crazy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the router isn't working correctly we will replace it within the 12 month warranty, if it's outside of this then we'd normally ask for a new contract to be agreed with our customer options team. Alternatively you can purchase your own router and use the information here to set it up: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml
However before looking into this I'd start by resetting the router and potentially factory resetting it too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
racingsteve

Many thanks for the reply Chris.
The router is a couple of years old and we are in a newish contract but it is nice to know that PN will provide a new router if people want/can go that way.
Thanks for the link for setting up a non PN router but I have spotted a flaw in that plan - to set up the new router so I can access the internet I need to read a page on the internet.  Grin
Thats a bit like when I first signed up and was told that you'd send me an email to let me know that my internet was working!
I know that a lot of people can get emails on their phone but not me, I use my phone to make calls and my computer to access the internet.
As it's working fine at the moment I'll leave a reset until/if it plays up again.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

you do have a printer?  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: racingsteve
So, basically it's on it's way out  Angry

i just meant it'll eventually crash, doesn't meaning it's packing in just needs a restart Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ddsabre2011
Grafter

Hi folks, here's my two penneth for what its worth. I too have and am still having this issue.All working fine except no acces to router log in page. Spoke to tech support who told me that they had not had this issue before. After ages on the phone I asked for a replacement router to see if that would help. It didnt so therefore its not the router failing unless ive been very unlucky with two routers now.
I can reset the router and this gives me access briefly but after a few minutes I cant get access again. tried different devices , different OS`s , Wireless and hard wired but no luck. Somebody somewhere must have sorted this by now!!!
AAARRRGGGhhhhhhh....... Cheesy
PitchBlack
Grafter

I had the same problem a couple of days ago with a Belkin router. could not log in to the router page. Must be something wrong somewhere if it is affecting different routers and different operating systems.
BrightonRock1
Grafter

I apologise for adding to this thread rather late on, but I didn't see this earlier and I have had something similar happening here.
The OP's original problem was a network printer stopping working. That happens here regularly - say once a month - originally with a HP printer, now with a Canon. The router (a Technicolor) still shows a WiFi connection for the printer when this happens, and the printer is synced to the router. But the printer won't.....
The solution seems to be to restart the router (which I can do through the web interface, that doesn't lock up for me).
I have a work-around so this not a great problem now that I know what is happening. But I do wonder why the Technicolor router loses the printer from time to time; it never seems to lose anything else on the network.
I am posting for 2 reasons: first to let the OP know that it is not just him that has a problem with Technicolor routers and wireless printers. And secondly I am open to offers as to whether there is anything that we can do to avoid the problem; I have tried fixing IP address for the printer but that isn't the answer.