Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone test my line to see if there is a fault

curtains
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Can someone test my line to see if there is a fault

I didn't know if to post this here or in the phone forum.

Since bt have been in my area I've been having these problems so could someone test my line to see if there is a fault.

Internet light on router blinking when connected to internet and also when nothing is connected.

Broadband light have shut off a few times.

Web pages load slowly and sometimes don't load.

Dial tone on phone not constant (Dial tone, pause, dial tone, pause, dial tone).

I'm using the test socket on the bt box and still have the problems.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Can someone test my line to see if there is a fault

You can test the phone line for yourself at https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Is there a message waiting for you on 1571?

John
curtains
Grafter

Yes I had 2 messages. The dial tone is back to normal but the internet light is still blinking.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @curtains,

The internet light blinking shouldn't really be anything to worry about. However I've had a look over your account, by any chance do you switch your router off each night/when you're not using the connection? As this could have an adverse effect on your connection as DLM (Dynamic Line Management) could potentially reduce the speeds the connection is capable of to try and stop the connection dropping out.

When testing your line, there's nothing major flagging up, do you experience problems with pages loading slowly or not at all on both a wired and wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
curtains
Grafter

Yes I switch the router off at night and never had a problem until bt was in my street. Looking at the graph it doesn't seem to be picking up the fault as yesterday between 11 and 12 there is a lot of start/stop sessions but this was around the time I was being cut off. I've always used a wireless connection and never had a problem but lately I'm having problems with the internet shutting off, pages loading slowly or not at all. It gets that bad 3g mobile data has a faster connection.  

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've tried to test your line but it looks like your router is currently turned off?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team