Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone please nudge... ?

matt_2k34
Grafter

Can someone please nudge... ?

Evening folks
Opened a fault ticket on 7th of the month.
Something had been actioned, (i saw an openreach van tinkering, during which i was disconnected - then reconnected after he went)
Friday 11th - i thought fault had been fixed.
As fault looked resolved, agent who called said to leave it a week before they request an remove band/SNR reset (thats fine, i dont have an issue with this - this later became great advice - thanks!  Cheesy  ;))
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 22nd June at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - DSL Logged Faults ADSL2 - Interm until this time.

Was then added to the ticket, however i wasnt at home at the time (was away in london, couldnt really do much). Did some testing when i got home (several calls etc.) to my phoneline, which replicated the fault.
Updated ticket Friday 18th, in the hope to get this raised again.
Thought id wait until the auto timer expired until i placed a 'please nudge' thread. (even tho ive replied to the ticket, which should have dropped it back into the pool surely??)
Dont want to keep updating the thread, if theres not so much as an INTERNAL notice on it. (doesnt seem to be much happening Huh not even an update if BT have done anything??)
Your Question | ID: 33684143

Regards
Matt Smiley

Edit: (removed curse word (aparently))
P.S. if someone wants to call me, anytime after 10/11 tomorrow/thursday is great. PLEASE call my mobile, call my landline and you'll cause my BB to throw a wobbler. (but not during the england game :D)
9 REPLIES 9
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Can someone please nudge... ?

Hi Matt_2k34,
Asked one of the team to have a look at it for you, hopefully get some action today then!
Jojo Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

Thanks joanne Smiley
im just glad something is actually happening now.
Much appreciated.

edited: sorry my mistake Smiley thought they rang too early  Tongue
matt_2k34
Grafter

mmmmmkay...
So we're now almost a month on..
First engineers visit: Monday 5th i believe.. Engineer came,very dismissive as to what problem could be, did a BT Hawk test, showed green. He left suggesting that an engineer who works on underground DPs should take a look.
Thursday 8th, i get a call from Plusnet to arrange an engineers visit.. I tell the agent ive had one already come on monday...  to which he replied that you hadnt received any of the information. RIGHT - okay, so maybe BT made a mistake and didnt pass the report on, OR your system didnt pick it up.. whatever.
SO i stay in for another Monday, 12th. This time, as soon as the engineer walks in hes very receptive to what i had to say this time (particularly concerning the other engineers visit), Put his equipment down and promptly left for 'Cab 19' and the exchange. Hes said hes replaced ther line from the Cab to the Exchange (From Aluminium to Copper, brilliant) - Shakey US SNR seems to be resolved (for now, idk - because my lines barely being 'put to the test' on its banding..)
Now its the 14th, No updated on ticket. (Has the report not been passed on again??) Whats going on. Lack of information from support is just  Shocked
Currently:
BRAS Profile: adsl2500 Profile Info: WBC 1M - 3M Medium delay (INP 4) 6dB Downstream, 448 Medium delay (INP 2) 9dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

When fault first developed
WBC 1M - 3M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, 448 No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

So you can see its added interleaving, and im still capped at a max of 3 meg.

Current stats:
Operational Mode ADSL2
Upstream 440
Downstream 2976
SNR Margin(Upstream) 12.9
SNR Margin(Downstream) 10.3
Line Attenuation(Upstream) 37.1
Line Attenuation(Downstream) 58.5
ADSL 440 / 2976 kbps
Connection 1 Day(s) 15:29:49
So if possible, Banding to be removed (again), removal of interleaving, and reset of target SNR (or reset training period, that should do all 3, right?)
I am hitting the limit of the banding - it was 3071(i think) before, now 2976 - im assuming because of the depth of interleaving..
Any help appreciated.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your connection's been stable since 9pm on the 12th so we'll need to ensure we see a connection of 72 hours+, then we can remove the banding, interleaving and reset your SNR margin. Pop an update on your ticket after that time and we'll get it done for you.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Pop an update on your ticket after that time and we'll get it done for you.

Will do... but i dont understand why i should chase you, i know it is possible for tickets to be set to be released at XX:XX time... with the 72hours being 9pm on thursday, couldnt someone just do this first thing friday morning?
Or am i being thick..? Roll_eyes
edit: the main reason i have an issue with 'updating' the ticket, is it seems to take well over 2 days for anything to get actioned once a ticket has been raised(or amended)
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

When tickets come off hold they are put to the back of the queue. As we speak, that queue is around 24 hours old. Feel free to put your update on now as this won't affect its position in the queue. The Faults Team can then action it for you.
matt_2k34
Grafter

OK, i'll update the ticket now.
Thankyou
matt_2k34
Grafter

Starting to take the piss i feel.
Your Question | ID: 33684143
We have requested that the banding be removed and should take effect in the next 24 hours.

Excellent..ish....
Rebooted router saturday - No change.
OK, maybe its a manual change - and wont take effect until monday morning, rebooted this morning.. still stuck @ 2976/440.
Has this even been actioned?
I dont want to be called.
I just want you to update the ticket, and get the banding removed

Its bad enough that latency is all over the place. Its bad enough that ...
Your original Question 1:05pm, Monday 7th June 2010

How long have i got to put up with absolutely wank service before i get back to the decent speed i was having before.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry about the time that this is taking to resolve, but your line hasn't managed a 72 hour stable connection. As such, we still need to address the intermittancy before we can get the line performing at the best speed. The faults team have your ticket still, they will update you in due course.