Can someone have a look at these stats i have got on my broadband

Phone exchange:
CHESTER CENTRAL
Estimated line speed:
31Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-04-26 19:59:49
Current line speed:
37 Mb

FAQ

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
21.35 Mbps

0 Mbps 24.2 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 21.35 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-24.2 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 24.2 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
3.08 Mbps

0 Mbps 10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 3.08Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps
6 REPLIES 6
BigTabs
Grafter

Re: Can someone have a look at these stats i have got on my broadband

This alone is concerning me
IP Profile for your line is - 24.2 Mbps
Current line speed:
37 Mb
BigTabs
Grafter

Another thing I can plug the VDSL connection into the test master socket and it works
If I'm right it should not work at all I'm not 100% sure
njay
Grafter

Vsdl modem will work fine if its the only thing in the phone socket. It's the connection of a phone that needs to be filtered out if also fitted.
The ip profile of 24.2 would suggest the DLM has lowered it but plusnet system has not yet been informed. It will drop eventually to match
leader
Grafter

Maybe a read though Bald_Eagle's excellent post (9) might be helpful ?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113670.msg977923.html#msg977923
Thx  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@BigTabs
As njay says the VDSL modem will work fine plugged into the test socket if it's the only thing connected. But how are you plugging it in, they are different connectors?
You've obviously disconnected the Modem to plug it in to the test socket, this will have caused a drop in PPP session and a new one will be established when you reconnected, so the Current Line speed will get updated in due course.
However disconnecting/rebooting the Modem in not a good idea at the best of times, Fibre DLM can be quite aggressive and see this as line drops.
In the circumstances, during daylight hours, you'd be best logging into your Router and in the Internet box, clicking Disconnect to drop the PPP session first.. Wait a minute, then power down the Router. Wait a minute again and then power down the Modem and leave it off for at least hour.
After that then power up the Modem and wait until sync is established and the lights stabilise before powering up the Router. When it's booted, log in to the Router and click Connect to establish new PPP session.
You can then run the BT Speedtest Diagnostic to check your Profile. The above method will give the best chance of getting the optimum sync speed that DLM will allow. depending on what line conditions it's seen previously, but it's not guaranteed to give any improvement and you may have to just wait for DLM to improve things if your line is good enough.
That all said, hopefully someone from the DCT (Digital Care Team) will give your Fibre profile a check over as with the Upstream Profile being quoted as 10Mbps, it's possible you are on a 40/10 profile instead of 80/20, not that it will make any difference to the speed you'll likely achieve.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi BigTabs,
You are currently on our 40/10 product, although your speeds are not at the threshold so this is currently the correct product. I can see you've got an engineer visit booked so hopefully that will solve things.
Let us know how you get on.