Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Can someone explain

This is just a query, but can anyone explain why my Sync remains totally stable for weeks ( at the min I have been stable at 4682 for 47 days), my PPP connection has only been up for around 9 days. I seems that every now and again, my PPP link goes down, but sync never ever does. I am on PAYG, and using the Plusnet network, since the issues with the RIN. Whilst on RIN though when it was working OK, the PPP never went down.  Justs wondered why this was. Huh
BTW,  is the RIN network back to normal again?Huh
3 REPLIES 3
samuria
Grafter

Re: Can someone explain

I assume you mean you all ways sync at the same speed but after while you connections drops and restarts connecting again at the same sync speed?
If its only every now and again and you connect back straight away I wouldnt worry. Mine does the same it can be anything from noise to the weather or it could be BT messing about on a line near you or somthing.
You only need to worry if it happens regularly and then you may be able to trace it to a source 
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Yeah thats right, the sync never drops, just the PPP session. Not sure when or if its related to anything. Just noticed every now and again, the time synced and the time connected are not the same, and also like I said, this never happened when I was using the RIN, just when using plusnet.  Its not a problem, as its never dropped whilst I am using the connection, just wondered if there was a reason why, such as an idle timeout, or do PlusNet actively disconnect stale sessions, or ones where its not been used for a while.
paulby
Grafter

Do you have a dynamic IP address?  If so it's probably related to the lease expiring on your IP address.
(Possibly not though as I think PAYG has a static IP as standard.)