cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my broadband be activated early?

chelseahope

Can my broadband be activated early?

I signed up to plusnet on the 15/12/12. On the 17/12/12 my home phone was connected and I was told my broadband would be connected on the 25/12/12. I'm worried though because we're hoping to skype with my  brother who's stationed out in afghanistan on before Christmas as we haven't been able to speak to him for several weeks due to having no internet connection.
If anyone could let me know if my broadband can be activated earlier (the earlier the better!!) then that would be great. Or who I should get in touch with to get my broadband activated early?
Thank you!
9 REPLIES 9
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Can my broadband be activated early?

Phone Plusnet customer support & see if they can help. You may be lucky!
chelseahope

Just on the phone now! I've been on hold for 20 minutes, hopefully I get put through soon Smiley Thank you!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, I can see you've got a response from one of our agents on your account in the negative... the order is actually scheduled to complete on the 24th so if it hasn't activated that morning already drop us a line here (I'll be in the office and these forums) and we'll get it sorted out that morning for you.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If one of the Digital Care guys spots this thread they could possibly take a peek at your account.
Edit: and as if by the magic of Christmas......
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chelseahope

Thank you, Matt! I'll check and see if my broadband is up and running on the 24th, if not I'll let you guys know.
Thanks again for your reply!
chelseahope

Haha, Strat! It's a Christmas miracle.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Assuming this a a new broadband connection:-
Leave your router plugged in and powered on. Once the router has synched, Broadband light solid green if it's a PlusNet supplied router, call up PlusNet, tell them you have sync and ask them to activate your account early.
More often than not this works fine, sometimes BT haven't quite completed the routing work and your Internet connection won't work immediately. The only disadvantage is that you would be billed from the date it was activated even if it didn't work until the 24th.
Hope that helps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chelseahope

Wow, didn't know I could do that. Thank you! The broadband and power light on my router stay green, the internet light isn't on yet so I'll give plusnet a call and see what they can do.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chelseahope,
I've just activated your account for you, the order completed around 1:47am this morning so you should be up and online shortly Smiley Hope it's all good, let us know if there's anything we can do to help.