cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me where to find my spport ticket.

FIXED
Gardener
Dabbler

Can anyone tell me where to find my spport ticket.

Earlier today I reported my slow broadband speeds and was contacted by email and asked to run speed checks and post the results on the ticket that had been opened for me. I was given a supposed link to my ticket but this link just took me to at page where I was told the help assistant was no longet in use. I searched around the page but could not see anywhere to find any tickets so am baffled how to post my speeds. I am possibly being blind but would welcome any suggestions to help me find my ticket.

17 REPLIES 17
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Can anyone tell me where to find my spport ticket.

If I remember correctly, if there is an open ticket on your account, it should be on your 'My Account' home page, but my experience tells me the system/someone has a habit of closing these as soon as they are opened.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Gardener 

If you log into the Member Center first, then go to

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

you should find any tickets (open or closed) on your account.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Good thinking @198kHz . Forgot about that. Embarrassed

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @Gardener

Thanks a lot for reaching out, looks like you found the ticket Smiley

I've just seen the speed test that you've uploaded on there, showing speeds of 0.58Mbps. We need a little more context though to be honest, as a speed test on our side has found speeds of 1.4bps - within your expected line speeds.

Are you running your test over a wireless, or wired connection?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Gardener
Dabbler

@adam945

I am using wi fi so not wired. However, I have tried it plugged directly into the router which makes little difference. The fastest speeds I am getting at the present time are, 0.9Mbps but speeds of 0.5Mbps or even slower are quite usual. I have just run a test and have got 0.7Mbps download and 0.67Mbps upload speeds. My upload speeds are often nearly the same as my download speeds which I do not think should be the case. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @Gardener

I'm sorry to see you're having speed issues.

Upon further investigation, I can see your line speed is artificially restricted to between 1mbps to 2mbps by automated software at the exchange which the tests aren't showing the cause of, so I've reset this and it's now increased to 2.4mbps.

I'm not confident though this will improve the speed you're getting on your devices but let me know how it goes.

If you're still having issues, would you be able to connect a laptop or computer into your router using an ethernet cable to compare? If that's not possible or your speed on an ethernet connection's better, it may be worth going through some WiFi troubleshooting steps here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

Failing this, which router are you using? From what I can see the last router we've sent you was around 4 years ago so this may have developed a fault over time and I'll be happy to replace it for you with a new upgraded router.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gardener
Dabbler

Thank you @Gandalf 

This appears to have made a dramatic difference to my speeds. I have run tests throughout the day and my best speed was 2.1 Mbps and the slowest was still 1.1Mbps. Long may this improvement last!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent! I’m really glad to see things are better now Thumbs_Up

Let me know if you have further issues or there’s anything else you’d need help with Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gardener
Dabbler

Help @Gandalf

It looks as if the fix was very short term as my speeds are very slow again today. I have closed my ticket so don't know what to do about raising the issue again. I attach a test report showing my speeds and this is about the average or the best speed I have achieved today. 

Gardener
Dabbler

@Gandalf 

I'm not sure if the attachment on last post worked so have tried a different way.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Gardener 

I'm sorry to see your speed has dropped again.

Which router are you using? From what I can see the last router we've sent you was around 4 years ago so this may have developed a fault over time so I think it'd be a good idea to replace it with a newer one if you'd like?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gardener
Dabbler

Hello @Gandalf

I am still using the router I've had for the last  four years so it could be worth trying a new router if this is possible. My slow speeds seem to be just the download speeds while the upload speeds are not so affected. Could this be caused by a faulty router?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Gardener 

Yes it may very likely, I've arranged to send you a new router now we'll put in the post as soon as we can.

It'll be a newer model than of the one you've currently got, so it'll look a bit different but things should hopefully be better.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gardener
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf I'll let you know once it comes and I have it set up.