Did you mean: 

Can anyone help with my FTTC issue

BigTabs
Grafter

Can anyone help with my FTTC issue

I have already reported the problem but thought what the heck
So my connection is intermittent
Test's i have done on my end.
1. Checked for Rein MW612 and PSU,Monitor,TV was making the distinct sounds so i left them off and still problems are there.
2. Changed OpenReach Modem made no difference
3.Changed Power cable to Modem and Router made no difference
4. Tried another Router No difference
5. Changed DSL Cable no difference
6. Tried with just the broadband connected with no phone nothing changed
7. Tried Broadband in test master socket with no phone and same nothing changed
8. 17070 option 2 there was no noise on the line
More info when connection Drops OpenReach Modem DSL light stays Green
6 REPLIES 6
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Can anyone help with my FTTC issue

It is probably due to the fact that your cabinet is loosing sync to the FTTC exchange.  Do you know anyone else on FTTC connected to your cabinet?  It can simply be a wiring issue where the engineer who was connecting someone up may have loosened your cable a bit.  There also might be a fault in your area, check
https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31
for more details, there is a few areas with broadband problems, could you be one of them?
Once the Faults team have processed your fault, they might or might not send out an engineer to hopefully solve the problem.
Jamie
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
BigTabs
Grafter

I don't know anyone else with this technology when i last had VDSL the engineer did not do in correctly leaving me with a constant noisy line this engineer how ever i feel has done a good job better than when i last had VDSL meaning this time my line has no noise you could hear a pin drop
Plus i have checked to see if there is any problems in the area and none are present    
I have done some changes in my home and no disconnections as of yet touch wood this will still be the case when i call PN and ask for a visual graph on the matter at 12:00
BigTabs
Grafter

My connection is looking good with the Netgear Stats
BigTabs
Grafter

so did some extra changes in the home on the 14/10/13 finished the changes a 9:45am
and it shows improvement with no disconnections and now my speed is raising 
BigTabs
Grafter

I would like to say thank you to the people at plusnet support who dealt with my calls as it must get on there nerves when the same person calls up to ask for visual graph of there connection
And with out there support and sending the visual graph i would have no idea what would have been causing all the disconnections and there was a reason to ask every so many hours to see if my changes would of worked
Im happy to report i personally have not seen any problems with my connection at all
And i found out with the aid of the visual graphs that it was one of the two following
Routerto the Modem

AC adapter to the ECI Modem as i said before i did swap the ac adapter to the modem with the same make and the same problem was there so my last option was to try a universal adapter 
I am well aware that alot of ECI Adapters are faulty as i read on it awhile ago in my case the ECI Adapters were Creating Rein Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I would like to say thank you to the people at plusnet support who dealt with my calls as it must get on there nerves when the same person calls up to ask for visual graph of there connection

Cheers, I'll pass that on. FYI we're usually able to pick up requests for these on the forum if you need them plus that would save you having to phone in each time.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team