cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help please? Broadband speed has dropped despit profile being raised.

darcy
Grafter

Can anyone help please? Broadband speed has dropped despit profile being raised.

I had a broadband Openreach engineer here at my home to repair and ongoing fault on 9/12/15. He sorted everything out and when he was finished my line speed was 2.2mb. Knowing this could not be sustained as we are some distance from the exchange, it was dropped to over 1.6 mb giving me 1.43mb on average in reality, which is the best to be expected. However, the following weekend BT had a major outage and the broadband went out alltogether. It was repaired that day and my speed went down to  around 1.1 or 1.2 mb. As we only get  a poor service that little bit extra counts and I called Plusnet yesterday to see if my profile could be raised.
Joseph was very helpful and raised it back up to 1.5 which is still just giving us the speed of 1.2 at the most. Can anyone help  and be be good enougt to raise it that little bit more to give me the 1.43 we had before the major outage at BT. I think if it was raised to the over 1.6 I had before when the openreach engineer was here the speed would be up to what it was before at around 1.43.
I spoke to someone called Giselle after that,last night to let Plusnet know that the spped is still not back to what it was and it was a complete waste of time, as she just kept repeating the same thing that we are within the limits. Yes- I do know that- but why cannot someone just raise the profile a little bit more to give that wee bit extra- PLEASE. If I had that speed before I can have it again obviously.
2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Can anyone help please? Broadband speed has dropped despit profile being raised.

Sync speeds shown on DLM:
09/12/15 - 1152
09/12/15 - 1728
14/12/15 - 1440
Currently - 1536
Unfortunately raising your profile further than 1500 (as it is currently) on our side won't make any difference to the speeds your receiving.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
darcy
Grafter

Re: Can anyone help please? Broadband speed has dropped despit profile being raised.

Can you please explain to me why I was getting 1.43 before and now am down to 1.16 on a speedtest?