cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a person poke my ip profile (please)

itsnotnormal

Can a person poke my ip profile (please)

Hello!
My phone line threw a bit of a wobbly and I have had no service for several days. The line has now been repaired, but it seems that the IP Profile on the line has become stuck. The BT Wholesale checker says that I currently have 0.83Mbps up (which is about what I'd expect), and 0.25Mbps down (which isn't - it was in the 3-4Mbps range before). This corresponds with the Plusnet line speed checker.
Could someone very kind give it a poke please?
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Can a person poke my ip profile (please)

Sure. I'll have a look at that first thing in the morning for you Smiley
itsnotnormal

Thank you!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Good morning,
I've completed an SNR Reset on your line as it was 'Chronically Banded'. This means, your speeds were being restricted by DLM at your exchange. For example, your line was banded at 160k - 288k meaning your sync speed (Connection from your router to your Local Exchange) wouldn't have connected any higher than 288Kb.
The DLM does this if your line is dropping and causes your Line Quality to become poor. By lowering the speeds on your line, it will, hopefully stabilise the line for you. Your line will only become 'Chronically' banded if the DLM believes the line is operating very poorly. Banding will generally remove itself if your line recovers and hasn't become Chronically Banded.
Chronic Banding = Requires Manual intervention to remove
Banding = Will remove itself if your line quality improves (Generally if your line has been dropping a couple of times)
I've moved the Speed Profile set on our systems to match the speeds that I've managed to get for you, however, your line has started to show some errors so ensure that you have completed the Broadband Fault Checker at http://faults.plus.net as I think we'll need to get your line looked at in a bit more detail.
If there is anything you'd like for me to elaborate on with regards to what I've mentioned, do let me know Smiley
itsnotnormal

Thank you for all of your help.
It is still behaving strangely so I have gone through the fault reporter whatnot.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see you started going through the faults wizard but unfortunately it's not come through to our team as you didn't finish answering all the questions. Any chance you could run through it once more? That way we'll be able to get on to it and get it fixed for you.