cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a kind rep please order fibre for me?

Lorian
Grafter

Can a kind rep please order fibre for me?

My cab has gone live today, would a kind PN rep please raise an order for me to get the new Extra Fibre (up to 76Mb) please?
I'm not being lazy, I know I could do it myself on the portal, but I want to keep my free hosted websites, static IP address etc, and I'm guessing I need intervention for this.
The race is on for me to be first live on my exchange.  Crazy
Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Can a kind rep please order fibre for me?

Unfortunately you'd need to go through it yourself so you get the line estimate and agree to the T&C of the new contract. Once you've scheduled it, just give us a nudge and we'll make sure that you keep the features.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lorian
Grafter

OK, Install scheduled, if you could do the necessary, thanks  Smiley
Lorian
Grafter

Do Fibre orders get keyed in or something, as there is no sign of an open ticket it for my order on my account?
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi Lorian,
I have checked over your account and can see that although there are no currently open tickets I can see that a confirmation email was sent to you at 14:25 today.  The order is in place and no further action is required.  You will be called if your selected installation date is not available.
Lorian
Grafter

Not sure this has worked. I've had an email to say I'm over my website allowance and it's been archived.
When I check on the portal I used to have 250Mb webspace allowance and now I only have 100Mb - I presume this is related to my Fibre order?
Am I to assume that when my router next reboots I'm going to loose the static IP address I've have for nearly a decade and hence loose all inbound SMTP mail too?  Cry
Please make sure this doesn't happen.
Chris
Legend

Nothing has changed on your account yet in relation to your Fibre order. I can't see any reference to having 250MB of webspace and I've looked at tickets and service notices going back 2 years.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

can't see any reference to having 250MB of webspace and I've looked at tickets and service notices going back 2 years.

I'd have thought it was much further back than that Chris. My guess is that the accounts with 250MB webspace go back to at least 2009 or maybe even 2007!.
For instance my webspace is based on an old PAYG account from at least 2006.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

Yep, but we only have access to tickets and service notice from 2 years without having to get it unarchived!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This shows where it came from http://www.plus.net/support/hosting/webspace/webspace_faq.shtml and the latest products having 250MB for domestic customers appear to be BBYW
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

looks like another one has gone adrift http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106965.msg916626.html#msg916626
The system may need checking
Chris
Legend

Different circumstances Jim, in that case an account change *has* happened, here nothing at all has changed yet. Still needs looking into though.
Lorian
Grafter

Its possible the timing is just a coincidence, but I wouldn't have thought so. When I check online it says I'm 99Mb over my 100Mb allowance, that wouldn't have happened over night.
As far as I'm concerned I've had 250Mb of web space for the last 8 or 9 years, a static IP address, a free fax number, a free domain name, free webhosting for three domains........
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I have updated your ticket(59292739).
You can either respond to your ticket or on here and I will pick it up.
Chris
Lorian
Grafter

Chris, thanks. I've made a backup of my webspace and will update the ticket.
I must say I am sure I've always had 250Mb of web space, there are plenty of times in the past where I would have gone over 100Mb. I believe it's been a standing thing that us "old timers" are able to roll forward our web hosting, free domain, extra web space, fax and  static IP etc on product changes.That is of course the reason I created the thread in the first place. I've had to talk to reps on several occasions in the past to make sure these things were kept.
Anyway, ticket updated hopefully you can sort me out.