cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a domestic customer change to a business account?

LoneRanger
Grafter

Can a domestic customer change to a business account?

Again half of another month passes and I find that we are on level one traffic management.  The domestic products that Plusnet currently have on offer are obviously not right for our families usage, the current products even less so unless we all become nocturnal.  However, Business users option 3 broadband looks like it will offer what I need and at a similar price to what I am currently paying for my (very old) domestic Premier contract.
So what are the downsides?  Firstly as a domestic customer can I actually buy a business contract? Our primary use is HD video streaming and file transfer (hence high usage).  What features are missing or different with the business account that might adversely effect me?  What are the true limitations in the small print with the 'Unlimited' usage statement?
Or is there a Plusnet domestic product just around the corner that will cater for high usage domestic customers?  I wouldn't care if it cost double what I am currently paying if it prevented me running out of available usage half way through the month!!
4 REPLIES 4
taras
Grafter

Re: Can a domestic customer change to a business account?

Yes you can go from domestic to a business product. i went from pn residential, to eclipse biz and then back to pn small biz premier (old product),
There is traffic management, but i've not really seen the effects unless pn has been stressed . also you get a voip number with free mins too :).  ONe thing to bear in mind is that the biz products you only get the advertised price if your in market 3 exchange (market 1 & 2 gets the higher prices).
jim:quote
LoneRanger
Grafter

Well, I just tried to check for availability in my area by using the 'Check Availability' button, but because I am already a Plusnet customer it refuses to tel me!!  Brilliant!!
So how can I find out if it is available and how much it will actually cost?
LoneRanger
Grafter

Ok, I've just found the exchange checker and apparently I'm in 'Market 1'.  So does this mean that the product is unavailable or just that it will cost more?
Oops, Ok, found it now - £35/month on a 12 month contract.  I'd be quite happy with that but what EXACTLY are the restrictions hidden in the small print?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It will cost more but can I ask a question
Given that your usage isn't that high as the products with Level 1 management had a relatively low base usage have you considered Extra with 60GB and no management until you have used all of it or this one with 120GB allowance https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20 - Click on Extra Usage -  for £19.99