cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a BB account be temporarliy suspended?

Original_Design
Grafter

Can a BB account be temporarliy suspended?

This is regarding my daughter's option 2 BBYW account. She has recently split with her partner and had to move out of the house on Jan 24th. The BT phone line has been stopped. As she is currently unsure of her future financial position, and on a very tight budget, she doesn't want to commit to a new contract unless she knows she can pay for it. She's obviously keen to keep the connection, and the PN phone service would be a much cheaper alternative to BT.
As the account (set up 10 months ago) has deferred activation and router costs, she is obviously keen not to have to cancel the contract early and incur the extra charges, although she realises the £20 BT cease charge is unavoidable.
Following a discussion with Tony in CS on the 28th, I believe it may be possible to suspend the account for a month or two, with the intention of reactivating BB and plusnet phone at her new house, (which has a live BT line which is stopped) when her finances are clearer.
I opened a ticket (No 27716612) as Tony suggested but after nearly 24 hrs, it's not been responded to.
Can someone confirm if suspension of the account is possible, and if so would the DD payments also be suspended, or should the account be downgraded to the basic service until it can (hopefully) be reactivated.
As this is complicated it may be easier go through the options on the phone, my number is on the ticket.
Thanks, Alastair Bruce
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Can a BB account be temporarliy suspended?

Alastair,
I'll give you a ring.
Original_Design
Grafter

Re: Can a BB account be temporarliy suspended?

Hi James - long time no speak - I must be a very happy customer!.
I'm in for the next half hour.
Thanks - Alastair