cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Please Help

iballsas
Grafter

Can Someone Please Help

I would really appreciate if someone can please help me, I am in despair!
We transferred our phone and broadband recently to plusnet, the broadband transferred sometime in November (we only found out by accident becuase our broadband was suddenly unavailable with out previous supplier!) Our phone transferred on 05 December.
However, today we received a letter from BT (our previous supplier) confirming and thanking us for our new order. Having called them to find out what is going on, they confirmed our MAC code has never been used, Plusnet has not taken over our broadband (they have taken over the phone) and we are still paying BT for our broadband service.
BT has told me If I want my braodband with Plusnet, Plusnet has to take over my line, which will require a new MAC code becuase the old one has now expired.
So I decided to call Plusnet, as advised by BT, to instruct them to take over the line and confirm if a new MAC code is required. However, the wait time to speak to someone is approximately 60 minutes!!!! I've waited on the line fdor 45mins to talk to Plusnet twice in the past and I don't intend to spend my evening waiting on the phone.
Can someone please tell me what is going on, if I log into my account I can see my broadand usage, and my broadband speed is quicker than it used to be (with the exception of the days when it doesn't get over 1mbs). So why does BT think the line has not been transferred? This has been the worst experience of my life, taken more of my time and caused more hassle than any energy supplier transfer I have ever instigated and they are generally far from hassle free!
Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Shofar
Grafter

Re: Can Someone Please Help

Hi.
If you have a PlusNet account, you can log in, hit support and raise a ticket.  Detail the whole process and someone will get back to you.  It's better than phoning as everything will be in writing and it's better for them to respond in that way than a telephone conversation.
Failing that, PN do monitor these threads so someone might catch this.
Hope all works out well.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi  iballsas,
You definitely have migrated to us. Order 2-86288344188 completed on 21/11/13 using the MAC key you provided to us. I can see you're connected to our network too so we're in no doubt Smiley
Sorry for the long wait to get through to us by the way, we're working hard to bring that down.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iballsas
Grafter

Hi,
Thank you for the reply, so any idea why BT are still charging me, telling me they haven't had the MAC code and think we're still with them?
Exbtpat

I transferred to PlusNet broadband on 18th Nov and phoneline dec3rd - all smoothly. BT are clueless as I have contacted them 3 times in 2 weeks regarding final bill (which was a refund).
My advice would be to us 'chat' when contacting BT as the transcript is sent to you afterwards as a record. Phoning results usually in contacting India - invariably clueless people reading from a script. Evan using chat getting the correct final bill has been a challenge that many would have given up.
So use 'chat' and if you aren't happy first time persevere.