cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I raise a fault for someone else?

AxeMurderer
Grafter

Can I raise a fault for someone else?

My father is a madasafish dialup customer. For the last several days he has been unable to connect - connection fails to authenticate.
As an aside, he is now, finally, ready to move to broadband - but will need someone to write to him since he can't currently get email.
N.B. I'm asking if/how I can raise a fault for him - I'm not necessarily expecting PN staff to pick this up from here, especially over the weekend!
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Can I raise a fault for someone else?

There are a number of alternatives
Phone on behalf of your father to raise a fault
Login to your fathers account from your connection and raise a fault that way.
However, given that it is dialup, phoning may be a better option as it could be that due to an error/fault the account has been suspended
Alternatively phone up to move to broadband giving your email as the second contact address (don't forget to name yourself as a referral  ;D)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Can I raise a fault for someone else?

Hi there,
It looks like the problem your father is having is part of a dial-up issue at the moment, a <a href="http://www.madasafish.com/support/service-status.html">service status</a> has been posted and we are working with our suppliers to resolve this ASAP.
You could always sign up for him or provide your email address for the sign up process and then change it to your fathers when he's back online.