cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I post you back my router and negate the £40!

ChrisT4

Can I post you back my router and negate the £40!

I am canceling my account and not migrating to another supplier. I know there will be some charges but is there a reason I cannot send you the router back like some other companies saving my the £40 cost as technically I have not bought it yet? If not I think this is very un-environmentally friendly as it will probably just go in the bin as I won't need it. If at some point I do get broadband again the next IP will force their own router brand on me anyway? (I expect there is some small print in the T&C's but i have better things to do) Has anyone managed to get Plus net to take it back?
5 REPLIES 5
BryanP
Grafter

Re: Can I post you back my router and negate the £40!

If you enter a contract and break it of course a penalty exists, if I was a new user to PN and they tried to palm me a second hand router of on me I would be an ex new user
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Sell it on eBay.  Roll_eyes
grudkin
Grafter

The only ISP that I am aware of that forces you to use the router that they supply is $ky!
The plusnet router is not locked so can be used on any other ADSL ISP bar $ky of course!
ChrisT4

Thanks for the advice everyone! Think I will have to pay the cancellation fee then recoup some of the costs buy selling the router. Good to know it is not locked as well. Cheers Smiley
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: grudkin
The only ISP that I am aware of that forces you to use the router that they supply is $ky!

Most of their routers can be unlocked relatively easily (with a small degree of risk). There's a thriving bargain-basement market on eBay in their DG834GT-based models.  Grin