Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I escalate a Question please?

AJ0704
Dabbler

Can I escalate a Question please?

Question ID is #207745310

Not had any action on it, except from myself and an automated note.

Many thanks

Adrian

8 REPLIES 8
AJ0704
Dabbler

Re: Can I escalate a Question please?

Situation is now very pressing due to a family emergency.

All hands on deck to get this sorted please.

Thanks

A

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @AJ0704. I'm sorry that you haven't had a reply from our faults team.

I have tested your line today and the results indicate a potential issue with the equipment connected to the phone line. Our tests show a loop on the line, which is basically a short circuit. This could be a faulty piece of equipment or something breaking the circuit.

To rule out your equipment as the cause, we would like to see if the fault is still present with your equipment disconnected. Please get back in touch when all the phone sockets in the property are unplugged and if possible please remove the faceplate of the master socket which will disconnect the internal wiring. We can then retest your line and proceed with our investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ0704
Dabbler

Huge thanks for getting in contact Emily D.  With everything disconnected I will have no way of letting you know things are ready this end, as the mobile signal here is very poor.

We will lneed to agree a time that suits yourselves.

How about 11.00am today?

Also, how long do you need for the test? (as I have a family emergency which needs lines of communication open)

Thanks again

Stay safe

A

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you @AJ0704,

11am would be suitable for me - please get back in touch on here once you've done that and I will carry out some tests on your line whilst the equipment is unplugged. I shouldn't need more than 15 minutes for this so you can reconnect your equipment at 11:15

Thank you for your patience and stay safe.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ0704
Dabbler

👍

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for disconnecting your equipment from the line. The test hasn't picked up a fault whilst everything is unplugged, which suggests that the problem may lie with your internal wiring or equipment.

To confirm, have you been able to try with a different router and, if so, did the connection continue to drop with the different router? Do you have any extension sockets that are normally in use?

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AJ0704
Dabbler

Hi Emily thanks for testing.

I get the same problem with a TP-Link Archer D7 and an Asus DSL-N55U

I've attached the latest syslog from the Asus router

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for confirming that you have tried three different routers and for attaching the syslog. As this is the case, it doesn't appear that the fault lies with anything that is within your remit. Testing the line isn't picking up the exact location of the fault from here and so we will need to arrange an engineer visit so that this can be investigated further.

Please reply to the ticket here with ideally 3 available timeslots for an engineers visit. The available timeslots are weekdays either between 8am & 1pm or between 1pm & 6pm.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team