cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my router?

ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Can I change my router?

I was wondering if I could change my router or do I need to stick to the one plusnet gave me? Its portforwarding issue to do with the router? So if I change my router I won't have port forwarding issues like I'm currently having
7 REPLIES 7
lorisarvendu
Grafter

Re: Can I change my router?

No you can use any router you want, but you will probably have to still keep hold of the one Plusnet gave you for the period of your contract.  You don't have to use it, just don't throw it away or sell it.
However be careful.  As I've just found out the speed you connect at can vary with the router.  I've had two different routers giving me 28mbps and 19mpbs,
What port forwarding issues are you getting, and what router do you currently have?
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

This post in the Gaming section i created explain issues ive been having port forwarding and gaming issues trying to join friend on lobby in general
have a read http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105174.0.html
GrahamC
Grafter

In that thread you started by saying you had problems with Ghost Recon - Future Soldier, then finished up by saying you had problems with GTA IV.
Did you get Ghost Recon running?
Did you follow the instructions for GTA IV, including the final step?
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Ghost recon didnt even work nor did GTAIV this router is so hard to portforward. There have been other people complaining about this also. Ive got all firewalls off so what is going on?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi ashrafmiah93,
I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues with gaming with your Thomson Router. You might be suffering from a Strict NAT Type.
If you haven't tried this <a href="http://community.plus.net/library/gaming/increasing-gaming-compatability-with-the-thomson-tg585v8-xboxps3pc/">guide</a>, it's certainly worth a go to open up your NAT Type.
I hope this helps you resolve the issues that you are seeing.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

althought Call of Duty : MW3, MW2, BLACK OPS & COD4 are all with open nat types which im fine playing with friends should i still go through this process to open up the other games nat types?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
It's definitely worth giving the above link a go to see if it resolves the issue for you. Hopefully it will do the trick for you.