Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Came home to no internet today. Red light

FIXED
mikeeyre68
Dabbler

Came home to no internet today. Red light

I have no internet today. My router is showing an orange light with the red no connection light underneath it (not flashing)
Any problems in my area? Nothing has changed with my cables. I tried resetting leaving power off for a while.

Funnily enough my router says I'm connected at 79.9Mbps down and 20Mbps up. This is usually right. Has my router broke?
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Came home to no internet today. Red light

@mikeeyre68 Try putting you phone number in  Here - might not help, but if BT/OR are aware of a network issue in your area it may be on there.

John
mikeeyre68
Dabbler

I'm afraid I don't know my landline number. I never use the phone. I tried searching my account but can't find anything on this mobile phone 😑
jab1
Legend

@mikeeyre68 - dial 17070, select option 2 on your landline, if you have a phone attached, otherwise your phone number will be somewhere on your account. Can't help you as to where, though as I am no longer a PN subscriber, so don't have access to the accounts section.

John
mikeeyre68
Dabbler

I managed to find it after I used my mobile to hotspot for my iPad. For some reason I couldn't view it on my phone 😑

According to that site there's no problems logged. I don't have another router to try. If I were to buy a sub £50 router what's as good as or better than the Plusnet hub?

Hopefully a Plusnet staff can check my line etc. Thanks for the help
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Fix

@mikeeyre68 

From your description you have a Hub One and the lights suggests an authorisation error, have you checked the broadband username is correct? Does it say setup or your username?

jab1
Legend

Good spot, @Dan_the_Van . I read the 'lights guide' and didn't connect the two. Embarrassed

John
mikeeyre68
Dabbler

It had my username and a blank password. Re-entered my password and I'm up and running again.

You Star Smiley Thank you Dan_the_van. I was dying of boredom with no internet.