Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Jojo?

Routefinder
Grafter

Calling Jojo?

Hi Jojo
Just to ask did my PM get through from a few days back???  I look forward to your feedback  Cool
TIA  Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Calling Jojo?

HI Routefinder,
Sorry didn't get round to answering your PM. I can see that Matt has been on your TBB thread and looked into things for you. I can only add that you may have seen a higher speed as the noise margin may have been at 3-4dB, which probably wasn't sustainable. Your line is stable at 6dB and with a loop loss of 55dB which is good for that line length. At that length I wouldn't have expected much of a change in speed from ADSL max. The only benefit really is that you won't have to wait days for IP profile changes after a low sync event.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For information I am provisioned on 21CN ADSL1 which is effectively the same as ADSLMax but with the benefit of the instant profile change
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'm going to bring my exchange down to you Jim and nick yours  Grin
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Jojo
Many thanks for replying.  For the record my noise margin is about the most stable part of the connection i.e. it was in the 6db 'bracket' when on 20CN MaxADSL and apart from the one odd event mentioned at TBB has been 6db ever since I was switched to 21CN.  So your supposition that I saw a much better sync speed and asscoiated IP profile at BT & PlusNet during and also after the 10 day Training Period is IMO wrong unless there are Radius logs etc to prove otherwise.  AFAIK it has not been under 5db since the start ot MaxADSL years ago!
So I return to my point that why should the Training Period have completed with a sync of the order of 800kbps higher and the IP to match than I am getting now, because as described on the TBB thread the drops were progressive with nice sustained periods of good sync at the 6db margin.
In respect of what OldJim says would I be better off with 21CN ADSL1 rather than ADSL2 i.e. all the benefits of 21CN 'control' but with potentially hight sync & IP Profile because of the frequency range not being in the ADSL2 flakey end???
Incidently, I have seen some threads making ref to increasing Upstream Speed (uncapping) is that of benefit "in the mix" of what we are talking about???
TIA  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There are some reports that suggest an uncapped upstream leads to a bit of instability if you are already a bit flakey. Unless you need the Upload speed I wouldn't bother uncapping as it also comes at a bit of expense in dowload speed. Without seeing a couple of full sets of ADSL stats day and night, a bit difficult to comment more appropriately.