cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet upgrade.

BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Cabinet upgrade.

Recheck SAM knows as I was just doing some checks and when I refreshed it again the results have just changed.  A moment ago it said I had fibre available then it wasn't.  This ties in with the DSL checker that has just listed my fibre being moved back another 9 months.
Hope you have more luck than me  Grin
Devonian
Grafter

Oh dear 9 months?  How long have you been waiting?
I just checked again, samknows says it's available, DSLchecker says it will be by the 31st March still.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Devonian
It's right outside my house actually!
They put in the new cab, then the electrics were fitted, then the equipment added.
I've no idea what the hold up could be now.

Have you tried the DSL Checker with your address rather than phone number?
If it's right outside your home, then you'll be able to see when it's live as engineers will be constantly opening it up (this is assuming you are at home during the daytime).
Devonian
Grafter

My neighbours address shows as FTTC available, mine still shows as 31st March.  And BTOR are always poking around in there, that's how I know everything is installed and ready to go, because I asked one chap.
BRABUS
Grafter

@Devonian - at one point we were due to have it early on in the roll outs when FTTC first became available.  Since then it just moves backwards, it's like being in a desert and trying to walk towards an oasis.  FTTC is also really just a mirage and no matter how fast you walk it still never gets any close  Cheesy
Have a look at the BT I infinity checker as well! last night for 7 minutes it said that FTTC was available to me, then it changed back.  Samknows, the DSL checker and the BT I infinity checker can all show different results so we have no hope of working anything out  Roll_eyes
anniesboy
Rising Star

In April 2012 the checker suggested FTTC was available for me.  The order was placed dates arranged only for availability to revert back to not available.
Im still waiting, but there is sign of BT activity on my cabinet . I live in hope 
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@Devonian - The message from our suppliers is simply:
Sorry it's taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us

Estimates will be:

Top Downstream Bandwidth: 74.5Mbit/s
Top Upstream Bandwidth: 20Mbit/s
Bottom Downstream Bandwidth: 56Mbit/s
Bottom Upstream Bandwidth: 17.4Mbit/s

@BRABUS - There's no message on yours at the moment I'm afraid.
We have some detail which I believe is probably the same that you have access to:
FTTC Ready for service date: 2014-12-31

Top Downstream Bandwidth: 79.6Mbit/s
Top Upstream Bandwidth: 20Mbit/s
Bottom Downstream Bandwidth: 59.9Mbit/s
Bottom Upstream Bandwidth: 19.6Mbit/s

@anniesboy - There's no message or estimates given at the moment I'm afraid so I'm not able to provide much in the way of details.
BRABUS
Grafter

Cheers Chris, it's almost got to the stage now where it's funny  Cool
well it would be if it wasn't for the fact that I work in IT and since I had a stroke last year I have to work from home so fibre is a must have  Sad
Devonian
Grafter

@Brabus I know the feeling!  The worst thing is, 4 doors down have been connected to Infinity for a 12 month... they are on Cab 20, where as I'm on 21.
@Chris thanks for looking, but yes that is the same message I've been seeing for 18 months.  Cheesy
Devonian
Grafter

I had a look today, as it's the 31st, and to my disappointment, not only has the date of availabilty changed, it has vanished, along with all mention of FTTC.
Does this mean BTOR have decided to simply not bother?
It's very strange seeing as the equipment was installed a long time back?
AndyH
Grafter

It could be they've had problems testing/commissioning the cabinet - this happened near us and it literally took nearly 6 months for them to fix a whole load of problems.
Devonian
Grafter

6 months... they have had the best part of 2 years...  Angry
Mind you it took them 9 months to fix a fault on my line that myself and Plusnet diagnosed after a mere few weeks.  Crazy
mrMick
Dabbler

According to Openreach we were supposed o have FTTC by.. um.. well, today, March 31st. Slight problem: they haven't even installed the cabinet yet! LOL 😕
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Mine was supposed to be the 31st March, and now has changed to the 30th June today.
I got fed up with waiting, and just got a Virgin Media connection installed, faster than what I'd ever get on Fibre anyway.
A few cabinets have turned up in my area, but none that close to me, so it wasn't a huge surprise the date got pushed back yet again.
Devonian
Grafter

Good news!
FTTC is available to me!
So I think regarding the checker, if your date moves, then it moves.  But when the date just disappears, they must be getting ready to activate the cab.
For anybody that's interested, the date changed 4 times for me, 6 months, then 3 months, 3 months, 3 months.
I'm going to order FTTC now, ans start a thread on the change over process, and see how it goes. Wink