Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet Location

richbut
Dabbler

Cabinet Location

Hello
I am currently on unlimited fibre and have had it installed for a few weeks now, very stable but only getting 35mb (which is roughly what I was told I would get)
However when the Open Reach engineer installed he informed me that the cabinet for my house was on the end of the estate up the main road and he was surprised that the house was not hooked up to the one on the estate road on the back of my house which would surely give me a fast load speed.
Is it possible that the line can be switched to the closer cabinet or is this not possible?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Cabinet Location

Your house was probably built before the estate. That cabinet was probably installed to service the estate.
I'm sure it's possible to install a new line but it will cost you. It will also depend if that cabinet has any spare capacity.
richbut
Dabbler

so who would I get to investigate this?  BT or Plusnet?  BT were surprised that I was on a cabinet so far away when there was one literally on the back of my house. I asked the BT guy to put it in his notes for when he reported back but he advised I should speak to Plusnet..  pretty sure if I was on the cabinet at the back of my house I would be touching 70mb..
cheers
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Plusnet would arrange it through BTOR & it costs £49.99.
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html
Scroll down until you get to "Plusnet Talk Price Guide".  Smiley
richbut
Dabbler

Many Thanks!