Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CN21 - Is upload changed automatically?

alexftw
Grafter

CN21 - Is upload changed automatically?

Hi, just a quicky.
My upgrade was due for tomorrow, but has gone ahead today. I now have doubled my download speed but the upload hasn't changed even a single Kb. The line supports up to 1.5Mbps, but is currently at 443Kbps. Do I need to ask to have this bumped up? I know it can have an affect on the DL speed but I'm not worried about that and if it is that bad I can remove the additional upload speed I presume Smiley
Thanks
Alex
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: CN21 - Is upload changed automatically?

I thought it was supposed to but the whole thing got very confusing - I suggest raising a ticket asking for the upload to be uncapped
The line won't support 1.5Mb - I think the maximum is about 1.3 Mbps unless it is interleaved when it drops to 888kbps
alexftw
Grafter

Thanks very much for the fast response Cheesy
Will get on it
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

After my upgrade in July my upload speed changed immediately to 888kbps and then increased to >1000kbps after a short while.  I was surprised by this because about 18 months earlier the exchange to the North had been upgraded and at that time Plusnet clients saw no change in upload speeds until they asked.  No harm in you asking about this.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

We can certainly uncap the upstream for you. If you raise a Support Ticket one of our advisors will have this sorted out for you Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

There is a order in place to uncap your upstream, this will complete on the 21st September.
Let me know if you have questions in regards to this.

Apprentice
Grafter

So the default PN setting with regard to 21CN upgrades for the upstream is 448kbps it's not increased manually/automatically until requested?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Apprentice
So the default PN setting with regard to 21CN upgrades for the upstream is 448kbps

No that can't be correct in every case, taking myself as a counterexample.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It used to be the case, we've now started placing orders with the upstream uncapped though and are more than happy to place the orders for anyone who'd like it done.