cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLUELESS Plus Net agent claims the micro filter has a battery? WTF??

BRABUS
Grafter

CLUELESS Plus Net agent claims the micro filter has a battery? WTF??

Ok so my friends are having major issues with their broadband at the minute.  They correctly rang Plus Net for some help as their connection is constantly dropping.  Now these friends are pretty damn good at IT, it's what they do for a living so when they rang up PN and were told their problem is the micro filter having a faulty battery they were dumb struck and I don't blame them.
This is what my friend sent to me from their mobile phone.
"... then he went it's better for us to buy a £3 filter than for them to charge us £150 for a call out.  It actually felt a bit like intimidation.  Majorly unhappy...."
Don't you think that with it being their profession that they would have already tried this, well they had lol..  Obviously they aren't trying to swap any batteries in the micro filter LOL?
Can a PN member of staff please have a look at this for them, I can pm you a username to help.
7 REPLIES 7
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: CLUELESS Plus Net agent claims the micro filter has a battery? WTF??

Do you have the ticket ID that would have been created after the call? If not, please PM me the username.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

cheers, you have a PM.
A bit of digging shows that BT have been doing maintenance work affecting their 10291 code.  BT maintenance reference PW246995.  Is this linked?
Cheers
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Mystery cleared.
I think they may have misheard the agent. Though he did mention batteries and filters in the same sentence, he wasn't saying the battery was the cause of the problem.
I've done a few quick tests and I think these problems are unrelated to any ongoing PEW's. It is worth raising a fault though as tests have been done already (faults.plus.net).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks for that.  Obviously as test have already been done does this mean that they won't be charged the £150 by BT?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

As longs as the fault is external there will be no charge. 
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

How do people go about getting a copy of a call?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm PMing you details.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team