cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV DVR does not appear on network list

Matt141980

CCTV DVR does not appear on network list

I have recently switched to Plusnet from BT (thank god!) and have got my new router set up with port forwarding running for a web server we have in the office. The problem I'm having is that I can't set up a port forward for our CCTV DVR as it doesn't appear on the list of network devices so I cant point the port forward in the right direction.

Has anyone seen this before or got a fix for it? The windows PC's and iPhones on the network all show up but the DVR doesn't.

Its a Qvis DVR and was working fine on the old BT hub. I'm confident I am setting up the port forward correctly, it's just that I cant get the DVR to show on the network list. I have tried rebooting everything and still have the same issue. The only thing I haven't tried yet is connecting the DVR directly to the router as they are at opposite ends of the building connected via a switch.

10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: CCTV DVR does not appear on network list

Hi there, we're unable to support you directly with port forwarding I'm afraid but  you'll find lots of other posts on here such as this one that might show you what you need to know:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Port-Forwarding/td-p/1403995

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Link fixed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If you've come from BT and still have a BT hub then don't fight it, use the same BT hub. If it's a Smarthub 6 they're far better than the Plusnet Hub One, which is a Home Hub 5a with tweeked hardware. If you're on standard ADSL broadband then the Hub Zero is inferior to most Home Hubs. You will find the simple instructions on how to configure all the BT hubs on this forum's Router board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Matt141980

Hi Adam, The link you posted doesn't work. Just gives me a "Page not found message". Could you re- post it please?

Baldrick1

Are you on fibre broadband and posted on the wrong board or are you on the standard ADSL product? If the latter then the @adamwalker post reference https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Port-Forwarding/m-p/1403995#M2350  will not help as it relates to a Hub One and I assume that you will have a Hub Zero.

Moderator and Customer

Matt141980

It's definitely ADSL not fibre. It's a small white router but I can't see a model type on it

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi Matt.

Apologies for that, the link seemed to have some symbols at the end of it. Here is the working link https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Port-Forwarding/td-p/1403995

Baldrick1

You will have a Hub Zero, it will say something like 2704n on it. Assuming I am correct then ignore the last post because it doesn't relate to your router. I re-iterate, use your old BT router. You will find the simple set up instructions on this forum. If you get stuck just come back with the model number and help will be forthcoming.

Moderator and Customer

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Matt141980

Have a look at the following to see which router you have.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/

Brian

Matt141980

Thanks to everyone for the help here. I have set the BT hub up again this morning and got it working straight away - I never even thought of doing that, just figured it would be locked to BT.

Thanks again!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

What I would suspect here is that the cctv DVR has a ‘hard coded’ IP address rather than one assigned by the router. In which case it would not appear in the device list for port forwarding.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.