cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business broadband disconnected, support line does not connect

Zak

Business broadband disconnected, support line does not connect

We have just dropped from our main broadband line. The router is up, been restarted all lights are on as normal however I get the following problem whilst testing the connection from the router itself: No Connectivity to Gateway (81.146.165.6)
The support line (the 0114 one) does not work, dead line as soon as it dials. I can dial out using that phone line, has something gone massively pop over there?
I have raised a ticket using your stupid assistant but I dont envisage a reply any time soon, so im hoping the community may acknowledge that all is FUBAR'd?
I have checked http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2 and nothing is being reported. We lost connectivity at approximately 16:10 and its still down.
23 REPLIES 23
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Business broadband disconnected, support line does not connect

My connection dropped the session at 1555 for about 20 minutes - OK now (Sheffield)
HolaPussycat
Grafter

We're in the same position:
Connection dropped at approximately 16:05 and I have had to connect through a local customer's connection to find out what is happening.
It appears that the connection has returned, albeit slowly, at around 16:25, but in the meantime we were unable to trace a route to anywhere outside of our building.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[quote=http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1334849045.htm]Broadband network outage (71130) - NEW
Broadband
Posted on: Thursday 19 April 2012, 16:24
At approximately 4.00pm BT Wholesale suffered an unexpected network outage that disconnected a significant number of our broadband customers.
Whilst most customers should be able to get back online now, some will need to reboot their modem or router in order to re-establish a connection. Also, some customers may notice that they are redirected to BT Wholesale landing pages, in the event of this happening please power down your equipment for 20 minutes before attempting to reconnect.
If this doesn't work, then we suggest you try forcing a connection via the configuration pages for your router.
Due to this outage, the network may be out of balance. However if we do need to perform any intrusive balancing at all we will make a further announcement.
In the meantime we'll leave this particular thread open and we'll provide another update later today.
Apologies for the inconvenience,
Kind regards,
Adam Walker
Customer Support
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Zak

sigh, plusnet strike again - no mention of their support line being down Sad
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

More likely to be swamped than down!
Looking at the graphs I'm guessing 200,000 user connections dropped. Radius will be struggling to sort out that lot so there's probably thousands trying to ring in.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Zak

well ive rebooted the router, and its now showing a red light on the internet, so i disconnected for a longer period of time, same thing Sad
Zak

sigh..........

19/04/2012 @ 16:29
We are currently experiencing problems with our internal phone system that is causing problems for people trying to call our support centre.
If you try calling then you may be presented with an engaged or dead tone or have difficulty getting through to us.
Our engineers are investigating and further details will be provided as soon as they become available.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Joanne Pilson
Customer Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: JayG
My connection dropped the session at 1555 for about 20 minutes - OK now (Sheffield)

I lost my PN Internet @ 15:51 exactly !

Comprehensive details here...
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,104137.new.html#new
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Zak
Which 0114 number did you have a problem with? I didn't try any of the business numbers, but 0114-296-5188 answered then dead on first attempt, dead on 2nd attempt. All other CSC numbers gave Busy tone (including the 0800 number).
Routefinder
Grafter

Just for the record.....................mine obviously dropped not sure what time but according the router stats page the uptime shows a reconnection at approx 5:20pm though oddly at exactly the same sync rate to the kbps of 3147 that had been for something over 11days at that same speed!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Unless you restarted the router the network failure only caused the PPP session to Plusnet to drop. Sync with the exchange was maintained so no reason for sync speed to change.
David
Zak

@anotherone, it was this number that was dead to me: 0114 296 5182
my broadband connection is still down, showing errors on the gateway and DNS servers:
Connectivity to Gateway (195.166.128.240)
Connectivity to DNS Server 1 (212.159.6.10)
Connectivity to DNS Server 2 (212.159.6.9)
I will be calling them very shortly.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Zak,
Out of interest have you logged into the router and forced it to reconnect by pressing the connect button?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Zak

Hi Chris,
I had yes, its since come back to life roughly an hour and a half ago, although the router is still complaining about the DNS servers being unavailable but as a whole the connection appears to be stable around 17mb at the moment, not ideal but usable Smiley