Business Internet

SO is there any usage cap on the £34,99 business product?>
Ive asked by support ticket but i'd rather close it and ask here
Pete
6 REPLIES 6
Mark
Grafter

Re: Business Internet

We have no set limits on any of the business products however they are governed by the fair usage policy in the T&C's.
If we see sustained very heavy usage, especially where non standard business apps are concerned, ie heavy p2p usage, we will and do contact business customers advising them of the nature of the usage and its impact on the network.
This is generally well received by customers as it invariably identifies some employee using the connection for something other than work or perhaps identifies a misconfigured app such as a back up utility. We recently had to speak with a business customer as they were using terabytes of data due to a badly configured remote back up application.

pcoventry76
Grafter

Well it's just so i wouldnt go over my usage in daytime - i would save al download for nighttime.  i'd probably use about 30GB a month is that too much?
that's what PRO with 30GB of traffic comes to anyway
Also what is the traffic level on that package? is it platinum?
I am weighing this up against BBYW option 4 - i dont use p2p or usenet so all others are in the same as PRO is - but with 4 times the limit.
pcoventry76
Grafter

i know they dont its the beauty of being vat registered
I just need a service that can be relaible, pro is very good - if business is the same then i will look at option 4 - thing is according to the site option 4 suffers speed restrictions at certain times.
id rather keep pro which has none and buy some extra upto 29,99 if thats the case
only need 832k up for file storage really
James
Grafter

Hi Pete,
The primary benefits you would see on Business over Pro would be the increased upload speeds and the access to business support, should you need to contact us.
Average waiting time for calls coming into the business support team was 17 seconds on Friday.
pcoventry76
Grafter

rightoo. well i have been looking i might just go for option 4 - according to the chart it gets the same as Pro for traffic priority apart from p2p and usenet which i dont use anyway
Hmm.. but yes the eztra upload would be good
i'll give option 4 a go i have seen the rate tables but if i am just surfing etc and gaming then ill get good gaming speed all the time i think. i dont use p2p or usenet so what the hell ill try it - i can always switch back to pro after a month
thanks for the feedback people Smiley
pcoventry76
Grafter

i've decided to mirror bbyw4 on pro and simply buy upto 25GB which is £30 a month
then i won't get the rate limits that i would on 4
The only thing putting me off the business package is the 12 month contract
Pete