cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Broadband

amm1dge

Business Broadband

I have changed my password on my account and now my router wont connect to the internet. I have tried to login to the router using 192.168.1.254 but it always times out! Can anyone help please?
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Business Broadband

@amm1dge  is it a PlusNet supplied router or your own ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

amm1dge

It's a Plusnet one
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@amm1dge If you can't access the router GUI via the normal 192.168.1.254 , then you can do a factory reset on it, it should auto configure and pick up your changed password. Bear in mind that it WILL lose any other configuration that you may have applied , such as changes to wifi ssid's and passwords, they will revert to the defaults printed on the card slotted in to the rear of the router.

****Make sure you have the card with the wifi and router passwords before you factory reset****

The procedure is

1. Find the recessed "Factory Reset" pinhole button on the back of your Hub.
  2. Using a paper clip or similar press the button and hold for 20 seconds. Your Hub lights will go out and your Hub will restart.
  3. Wait a few minutes for the Hub lights to settle.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @amm1dge

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I can see the connection has been active since around 12 on Friday. 

Let us know if you need further assistance,

Thanks.