cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffalo WHR-G300N or Netgear WNR1000

marka87uk
Dabbler

Buffalo WHR-G300N or Netgear WNR1000

While deciding which FTTC provider to go with (now settled with PN of course!) I ended up buying a Buffalo WHR-G300N router which was pretty cheap but I've flashed it with DD-WRT firmware.
So the question is, use the Netgear WNR1000 which PN have just sent me prior to installation, or use the Buffalo? Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Buffalo WHR-G300N or Netgear WNR1000

Why not use the router provided by Plusnet which Plusnet support until your service has been through its training period? After that it's up to you.
David
StuartUK35
Grafter

cos the router you provide (which i have) is utter rubbish.....
WNR1000, despite being Netgear, feels like the Happy Shopper version of a router....
My gripes:
Wifi is POOR, and i mean POOR!  Streaming on PS3, or iphone, or laptop through Wifi = buffering, long pauses, constant buffering..
Yes i've gone through the channels to test, day by day and still the same thing. 
PORTS - After a while, the router blocks ports automatically, so when using certain client tools that you can use various different ports, you find you have to manually reboot the router to clear the block.....  (thats a minor issue compared to the Wifi)....
marka87uk
Dabbler

Good points... I'll get it all set up and working with the Netgear and then see how the Buffalo compares once I know the connection is fully working. Smiley