cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken landline box need free 4g

LucyWaterhouse

Broken landline box need free 4g

A lorry broke a landline box a couple of roads away from where I live and now My wifi is down and we need a free 4g box as it might be down for a week
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Broken landline box need free 4g

@LucyWaterhouse Welcome to the forums. I'm afraid Plusnet do not supply 'free' 4G. As the damage was caused by an external event over which they have no control, it is not up to them to supply any remedy.

John
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@LucyWaterhouse wrote:
A lorry broke a landline box a couple of roads away from where I live and now My wifi is down and we need a free 4g box as it might be down for a week

If you have a PN mobile you can ask if they would kindly give you some free extra GBs of data  so you can tether/hotspot your mobile to help you 

When my friend had problems with her EE broadband they gave her 50 GB free to her EE mobile to help her

Unfortunately PN have not signed up to the automatic broadband compensation scheme BT and EE have 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

They do usually give the same level of compensation though.  I'd have thought you'd still need to register a fault with your connection.  The compensation kicks in from 2 days (or maybe working days?) after it's been raised I think and is paid out after the connection is restored.  You'd probably be best confirming any of that on your fault ticket though.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

True, @Smith7 , PN haven't signed up to the scheme, but for issues within their control, they still offer equivalent compensation. Unfortunately, the OPs problem is outside their control, so I don't think the same rules apply.

John
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

That's a good point @jab1, I'm not sure what would happen in that instance

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@pjmarsh I think they may offer an ex-gratia payment - or they sometimes did, but now BT are in charge totally, who knows?

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @LucyWaterhouse,

I'm really sorry to hear that's happened. I'm afraid that we're unable to provide an alternative connecting whilst the line is being fixed, but we could take a look into the fault and make sure everything's progressing as it should be. I haven't been able to locate your account today, so if you'd like us to do this then please drop us a Private Message with your username attached and we'll pick that up for review as soon as possible Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team