cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Promises and Service Nightmare

JJBishop

Broken Promises and Service Nightmare

I have been very excited to embark on a service with PlusNet as I have heard great things, so it is with great disapointment I have to write a negative post
without actually being a recipient of the service I have paid for.
Incident # [78933562]
My service was due to go on by midnight on the 21st Devember 2013 (BB) and as a patient person I waited until early 23rd December to report it, accepting the fact that things may be hectic and I dont like to jump the gun. 
However on the 23rd I am stuck with the resolution time is going to be no quicker than 24hours to resolve.  This upset me given the fact I am now over 48 hours beyond the promise from Plusnet.
I called CSD on the 23rd around noon to get an update on this issue- the CSD opperator refused to expidite the process as , and I quote "Expidition is an expensive process and at the moment I can see no legitimate reason to expidite the process"
As a customer on a contract who is paying for a service on a contract, I am not reciving my contracted service and am now 2 days going on 3 days into a billing cycle with PlusNet customer service saying my issue is not good enough to treat with priority.  In essence I am being punished for not contacting plusnet flapping my arms and causing a fuss the second the issue became an issue.
So in essence
* PlusNet did not contact me to say there was an issue
* PlusNet have a dim veiw on my issue and it is not legitimate enough to expidite a broken promise
* PlusNet will not let me cancel without a fee for breaking a promise
* PlusNet take 24hours to fix a problem after its reported, not 24hours to fix a problem after the issue is apparent
* I am unable to submit the work and documents I am on a dealine to submit by 1900 tonight
So unfortionately, not a good experience and one I will not be recommending to anyone in the future.
6 REPLIES 6
Dhaos
Grafter

Re: Broken Promises and Service Nightmare

Just wondering, when i got fibre i had to put my plusnet name and password into the router, is this the case for you? (not sure about normal broadband)
JJBishop

Sadly this is for ADSL and it was confirmed my service isnt active on the line so sadly this fix wont help Sad TY for your reply though
JJBishop

Despite the issues listed above, Plusnet have resolved my issue and I am pleased to confirm my speed for ADSL is 7mb down and 0.37mb up
I can now confirm I am content and I can get my work submitted by my 7pm deadline
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Looks like your upstream needs uncapping to put icing on the cake.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
picbits
Rising Star

Glad you've got your internet sorted in time for Christmas Smiley
PN aren't a bad bunch, just a bit busy at the moment Sad
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I just placed an upstream uncapping order.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager