cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

glenbris

Broadband

Signed up with Plus net over two weeks ago, was originally told my phone line and broadband would be available to use within a week, here we are. I was also told on the phone after receiving my router through the post it should be ready to use approx. two days after and ill receive a confirmation text, which I never received. then I had a letter through the post that said my broadband would be available to use a few days after my phone line gets activated. Which it did last Wednesday yet again was told id receive confirmation when my router was ready to be used which never came.

I then receive an email yesterday where I was told it'll be ready to use on 12/10!? which will be three weeks after singing up! I rang the customer support line and they mentioned the original request produced an error on there side.

I'm posting on here as I've seen a good response from the team on here. I'm hoping something can be done to sort this a lot sooner. I'm already completely dissatisfied and considering my options.

username -

5 REPLIES 5
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Broadband

Good Afternoon, 

I'm sorry about the delays you've had on this, hopefully I can explain in a bit more detail what seems to have happened to cause this.

We had originally attempted to take over the line at the premises but this was ceased before we could do so by the previous provider, as this line was outside the BT network an engineer had to physically make a change to the line rather than doing an automated restart of the line, this took a few days to complete due to the current availability of engineers.

Once that had restarted we had to allow time for the line records to update so that a broadband order could be placed(the line must show broadband available before an order will submit through the BT Wholesale systems.), This was done and an order submitted yesterday.

These orders take 4 working days to complete meaning your broadband service is due to activate on Monday. If there's any other questions you may have please let me know Smiley

glenbris

Hello,

Thank you for the previous response I waited until Monday (yesterday) received an email to say it should be working which was perfect thank you.

Got home connected the router as the booklet said using the micro filter however the light on the router for Internet was off, I plugged it straight into the wall without the micro filter waited the 15 minutes as the booklet mentiones and a red light appeared meaning the connection wasn't successful, still no internet after almost 3 weeks of signing up.

Username - ashley194
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Morning, 

If the line isn't working at this point it would mean that the line listed for your address isn't the correct one, meaning the records that were there are not correct..

Just to make sure though, you don't have any sockets elsewhere that could be live? If not we can get an engineer to route that line back to your address 

glenbris

Hello,

Didn't you mentioned an engineer had to come out in order for yourselves to provide the service?

And they're aren't any other sockets within the house broadband has always been provided through that socket.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

An engineer did work at the exchange, but it's purely a change there, he doesn't check anything further as available line records showed the line connected to your property.

It sounds like a line connected to a neighbours address is listed incorrectly, this is actually a fairly common issue around the country in some places, I'll get someone to contact you about getting an engineer round asap