cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband virtually disappeared

andrew55

Broadband virtually disappeared

We have a poor broadband connection in general - download speed around 3Mbps at best.

Over the past 4 days even this has reduced dramatically. Your BT test showed 0Mbps for both down and upload. However broadband.co.uk gave results of O.3 and 0.7Mbps, which seems more realistic as obviously (I'm typing) it does just function extremely slowly but even that's intermitant. 

As you can imagine it took a while to get to this page of your website!

Can you please look into this for us - we have two students both trying to study for exams in the coming weeks and they were just managing, but not now. 

Thanks

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
luk
Grafter

Re: Broadband virtually disappeared

I dare say be grateful you have something. I lost all connectivity the second part of yesterday, and it's still 'linestate down' even now. I think there is possibly a much wider issue; and I hope someone at Plusnet will be able to confirm this or at least offer an update as to any known faults or issues.
luk
Grafter

Hope you manage to get it fixed satisfactorily in good time for the exams Andrew. That must be quite a stressful time. With my sync issue, they ran me through the usual troubleshooting measures, and I found connecting to the test socket on the master socket got me back online. Have you tried that as a possible solution? Are you conducting the speed tests over a wireless connection?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @andrew55 and welcome to the Community Forums. I can see a colleague has been in touch and has progressed your fault forwards to an engineer appointment. Let us know how it goes and if there's anything further we can help you with or in the meantime then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @luk, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you had connection issues as of recent. I'm glad to hear the troubleshoot steps and test socket set-up look ot have resolved this issue however and if there's anything we can help you with moving forwards please do get back in touch.