Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband up & down like a fiddlers elbow

FIXED
vaper
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Broadband up & down like a fiddlers elbow

I've been having broadband reliability problems for several hours now. No problems being admitted on the service status page.
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband up & down like a fiddlers elbow

Hi there,

Line tests are showing us there might be a fault at play.

It would be a good idea to make sure you've ruled out the checks here next https://goo.gl/tu2WWu following that you can report a fault with us over at http://faults.plus.net

Feel free to drop us a reply back here when you have so we can push things forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
vaper
Grafter

Hi there, Thanks for the response. Yesterday, using a cable connection to my router made no difference but today my connection seems more stable when I use a cable. I have changed WiFi channel once already but no difference so far - I will continue trying. Accordingly, I can't be reasonably confident that it's a line fault at this point. Regards, vaper
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello Vaper

I've made a change to your line settings which should help.

Can you let us know things look within a few hours?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vaper
Grafter

Hi Gandalf, I see you have cut my speed by about 10% but it is looking to me as though I am being blasted by a neighbour's Wifi signal. When I can't connect via WiFi I can connect ok via cable to the router. In these circumstances I don't think the speed reduction is helping - it will soon be quicker by post. I think I'll need a metal screen on the wall to sort this one. Regards, vaper.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Have you tried changing the wireless channel to see if that helps?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
vaper
Grafter

Hi MathewWheler, Thanks for your email. Yes, I have already changed from Ch. 11 to Ch.1 recently with no change. What has emerged, however, is that another laptop, in the same room, seems to be able to connect ok (most of the time). So it looks as though my neighbours WiFi is drowning out the signal from my laptop but not drowning out one which is physically closer to the router. I haven't yet been able to mount a screen between my neighbour and my laptop but will experiment with that when I find one. I can, however, connect ok using a cable connection to the router. I'll post again if I can't resolve the issue.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Keep us posted!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
vaper
Grafter

Fix

Update

Ok. It looks as though the suspected interference has disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

Many thanks for your help.

vaper