cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband suddenly stopped working on works laptop

greengrass3

Broadband suddenly stopped working on works laptop

I use the Mobilexpress application on a work laptop to remotely connect so I can work from home. As of late my connection has stopped working, it shows the error message "connection error 12275: failed to contact the gateway login server. The connection has been terminated".
This last worked on 12th February but has stopped since. I have taken the laptop to the IT engineers at my place of work and they have tested the connection on their outside line. I have also tried it on other internet providers (BT and Virgin).  These have all worked fine and connected with no error message. I have spoken with Plus Net who say that BT mobile express need to look into it, but upon speaking to BT, they have stated they can't help me. Plus net say it is not their problem as other devices are able to get an internet connection, and therefore, they are providing broadband. I’ve reset my router to its factory settings but this also did notwork.
PlusNet have recently moved over their network. Surely it is their problem given that the laptop broadband works in other people's houses?Huh
Any advise on rectifying this problem would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Broadband suddenly stopped working on works laptop

Thanks for getting back to my PM Greengrass3.
I've responded again and done some changes that I hope will allow the VPN to connect again.  Please can you get back to me via PM once you have had chance to test?
Kind Regards,
Steve
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Steve,
There's another similar thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149066.0.html
Is this the same problem ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kmarchant
Hooked

First off - apologies for posting this same reply twice - bad form I know, but I'm struggling...
I've reported a similar problem to support as well.  I'm using Checkpoint Endpoint Security IPSEC VPN.  Worked fine for years - but I started getting gateway not responding a week or two ago.  Works fine from other broadband providers and using tethering on my iPhone. Some change is blocking IPSEC functionality.
I've posted in the Fibre forum, but want to add my voice to this thread - I truly believe Plusnet have changed something that is causing IPSEC connectivity problems.
They've allegedly changed some settings on my config too - but it's not helped.
Kevin
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: kmarchant
I've posted in the Fibre forum, but want to add my voice to this thread - I truly believe Plusnet have changed something that is causing IPSEC connectivity problems.

I'll respond to your other thread but you should find things are working again now. Let me know if you're still experiencing problems.
Quote from: MisterW
There's another similar thread here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149066.0.html
Is this the same problem ?

Sorted that one too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

kmarchant
Hooked

EUREKA !
Thanks Bob !
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Sounds like you finally got it sorted Bob. Smiley
Would you care to enlighten us as to the problem ? and are the CSC aware of the issue now in case others have the same problem

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

akay2000

Hi I use bt mobile xpress to connect to my home broadband which has suddenly stopped working in past month. It appears to be same problem as others in this thread. Can you resolve please?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: MisterW
Would you care to enlighten us as to the problem ?

There are a couple of problems, that I believe are similar in nature. Both related to the IP addresses being assigned to certain customers. We have a few ranges that formerly belonged to other companies, and it looks like there's some redundant config in place at the VPN side that needs tidying up because it's breaking the routing. We're trying to reach out to these companies/organisations, however I still need a bit more info about the Mobile Express issues to help narrow down the cause.
Quote from: akay2000
Hi I use bt mobile xpress to connect to my home broadband which has suddenly stopped working in past month. It appears to be same problem as others in this thread. Can you resolve please?

You use Mobile Express to connect to your home broadband? Or are you re using Mobile Express from your home broadband to connect to something else? I've dropped you a PM but I could do with some more information about your circumstances before I'm able to apply a workaround/fix.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sue-g

I'm getting exactly the same error when trying to connect to VPN using mobile express from my works laptop.  

It can log on fine with other broadband providers and my husband's VPN connection works.  

Please can you work your magic???

akay2000

Hi Bob

I contacted you a few months ago regarding being unable to connect via BTmobileXpress.  I have been in touch with one of the IT team here and they have said that I need port 1873 needs to be opened (IP Sec Protocol) - is this something that you can do for me please?

Thanks

Alan