cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband stops working up to about 5 times a day

zojh

Broadband stops working up to about 5 times a day

Hi,

Please help - Since January my broadband has randomly stopped working. Every single day, sometimes up to approx. 5 times the internet will go off and we have to turn the modem router off and on again. By doing that it will normally come back on for maybe... a few hours at a time?

I bought a new modem router back in February and it didn't make the slightest bit of difference. Every device is a wired connection (either by Ethernet Cable or Powerline adapters ie, Smart TV, XBox One, Satellite Box) apart from our mobile phones and laptop (which is currently using a wi-fi adapter but previously was connected with Powerline {didn't help}).

So, I'm presuming the problem is not down to wireless...

It is extremely frustrating for my son as practically every day when he's playing online with his friends the broadband stops working and then he's logged out of the game. We've had many a tantrum regarding this!! I also find this very frustrating as I work from home and need the internet to be able to file weekly payroll's online to HMRC.

Please can a Plusnet support employee look into this for me? Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband stops working up to about 5 times a day

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband stops working up to about 5 times a day

Sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues.

I'm taking a look at your fault ticket now and I'll reply there shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet