cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still not working since 29 February - fixed on the 3 May :-)

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband still not working since 29 February

Hi Ronski,
I can see you've updated that on the ticket around the same time so someone will be getting back to you about that ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ronski
Rising Star

No further updates yet?
Ronski
Rising Star

This has now been dragging on for two months, can you please find out whats happening and get it sorted!
Quote from: Joanne
Hi Ronski,
I've been liaising with one of our top house move people this morning. I've explained the situation so far and of the information you have supplied on this thread and he has agreed to take personal ownership to try to get some answers. I'm not sure what he can do or what he can find out, but if he can't then no-one can. You're in very capable hands.
Jojo Smiley

We still seem to be getting randowm support agents on the tickets, who is the person that has taken personal owenership of this problem?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see this has now got to our high level escalations team and they've been keeping you posted, please let us know if we can help any further but I suspect you're in very good hands there.
Ronski
Rising Star

Thanks Matt, had a couple of phone calls today. Hopefully now BT will get there act together and sort the problem out.
Ronski
Rising Star

Well, it's finally good news  Smiley Smiley Smiley
After the engineer on Tuesday declared no spare lines, and the Dacs was still present it was passed to BT Openreach provisions for them to come up with a solution (due on Friday).
But today, my brother got a call from another engineer, he didn't know what he was investigating, and no one, not even Plus Net knew he was coming  Huh
Anyway he soon got to work and discovered that my brothers broadband was fed down one phone line (which just went to the top of the pole), and his phone was fed down another line via the Dacs.
He switched the drop line pair over to the broadband pair, and I presume made some changes at the exchange and it all sprang to life, although at a measly 0.115Mbs Speedtest.net result (with various updates downloading).
One SNR reset later and he's now connected at 10Mbs
The engineer said that this should have been picked up before, and that the Dacs removal had only partially been done, we're glad we got an engineer who was on the ball today (or perhaps he's the one who half finished the job previously and remembered he hadn't finished it??), it's only taken just over two months and an email to the CEO.
Thanks to Jojo and everyone else who tried to get BT to sort this out, and a big thanks to RG who managed to finally get it resolved this week.