cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband still not working after Mon evening outage? Try this...

RoosterUK
Hooked

Broadband still not working after Mon evening outage? Try this...

My Broadband stopped working Monday evening, seems a lot of peoples did.
Status page soon said issue resolved, reconnect and you'll be up and working. That didn't work for me.
Couldn't get through on phones last night and this morning i was greeted with a message saying systems were down and no fault chasing could be done.
Having tried many times logging into router and using the 'reconnect' button (and switching it off for an hour, as per one of the phone messages) I finally decided to delete the username and password details and manually re-enter them. This got my broadband back.
So if you're still not back, try that, it might just work.
Not sure how an outage at their end corrupted my saved settings but it seems that's what happened.
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband still not working after Mon evening outage? Try this...

Hi RoosterUK,
I can see you're now connected since you posted. I hope all is ok for you!
nicolaip

Thanks Rooster... I have the same issue! I will try your suggestion when I get home and see if that helps.
RoosterUK
Hooked

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi RoosterUK,
I can see you're now connected since you posted. I hope all is ok for you!

Yes all back working now.
As far as I can tell the saved password on my router became corrupted by the outage, hence reconnecting didn't work until I'd re-entered the details.
What it did highlight for me was the great difficulty in getting support over this time. Horrendous waits on the phone, website down etc. which has concerned me. Renewal is a way off yet but I'll be seriously looking around for a better service. I expect to be able to get support when my connection fails. On this occasion I couldn't.