cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speeds less than half of what they used to be for months now

janemenniss

Broadband speeds less than half of what they used to be for months now

After being with Plusnet for about 2 years my speeds finally peaked at 18mb/s after being around 4mb/s for the duration of time previously. Now once again the speeds have dropped and stayed dropped at around 7mb/s with no signs of improving. I'm just wondering why the service is so unstable for me and why my speeds were at a satisfactory 18mb/s for such a short amount of time (a couple of months at best). The speeds originally went up to 18mb/s when I removed some things to do with international calls from my package. I couldn't see why this improved my speeds so greatly but it did. I haven't touched it since but the speeds are slow once again.
3 REPLIES 3
Joshc
Grafter

Re: Broadband speeds less than half of what they used to be for months now

Hey,
I have had a look and have resolved the problem.
Right, So you use to be on  20century network  which changed to 21cn, This is the speed increase (1800) your line speed then decreased within the stabilization period and your profile followed.
It then increased again in the stabilization period.However, Your profile did not. I then started an Intrusive test to see what the issues was.
This forced you to disconnect and reconnect which then kicked you profile in to touch.
Sorted Smiley 
janemenniss

Thank you very much! I have tested the connection and the speeds are back up Smiley I am very pleased something was able to be done about this in such a short amount of time. Thanks again for the help. Happy customer Smiley
dick:quote
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm glad it's working for you now. Provided your line remains stable, you should be ok with these speeds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team