cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speeds 0.65 mb happens at least twice a month

mccoll2u
Grafter

Broadband speeds 0.65 mb happens at least twice a month

Ok I report this problem and it takes a few days to get fixed I am not reporting this via the phone as been on hold for ages anyway once or twice a month my broadband speed drops to an unusable speed today it's 0.65mb keep getting kick off Xbox which isn't great as I just got call of duty lol
I have had a new router sent out still the same tried new micro filters still the same tried the router in the master socket still the same now got a new adsl socket fitted as a result of a bt guy been out twice and you guessed it still the same
I even got so fed up tried to leave only to find that would cost me £90 so stuck with a recurring problem and a recurring bill for that problem help please help
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband speeds 0.65 mb happens at least twice a month

Hi mccoll2u,
Can you try plugging into the test socket. If your speed has dropped you're unlikely to see a difference in the test/master socket, as it takes time for the speed to lift once the sync rate increases. If you can plug it into the test socket and let me know I can run some checks for you.
Jojo Smiley
mccoll2u
Grafter

That's it now plugged into the test port
dick:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi I've just made some changes to your connection. Let me know if you see a difference in the next 15 mins or so. Smiley
mccoll2u
Grafter

Yes that has solved it upto 7mb my fastest yet thanks I will be going down this route again if it happens again least I don't have to wait 72 hours lol Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great news, thanks for letting me know Smiley