Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

SpencerUk
Grafter

Re: Broadband speed

Hi devil5882,
Apologies for the delay. Some diagnostics were taking longer than expected to complete on your line so I had to work some things out manually.
To get to the point, I have taken personal ownership on this issue until I can get this resolved for you. As my voicemail states, if you can provide me some dates and times in your ticket (51297503) when you would be present for an engineer visit, I'd appreciate it.
devil5882
Grafter

well im off work for 2 weeks starting monday so anytime is fine
devil5882
Grafter

The BT man has just been and fixed a fault its shot up by 1meg and he said it will now be reset probably tomorrow he said we should be good to get 7mb after so looks like its sorted thank you for your quick responce.
The BT guy also told me the fiber optic broadband is ready in my area and orders are being taken for it so could i order this yet?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi devil5882,
If you pop your number in the BT Availability checker you'll see it's not yet available to you. Once it says there that you are we can order it for you.
Jojo Smiley
SpencerUk
Grafter

@devil5882
Following our conversation this afternoon, its great to see the Openreach engineer has resolved your issue. I have been advised by my counterparts at BT that your BRAS/IP profile will go to 7150 around 10PM this evening. All relevant internal systems at our end have been changed ahead of this for you.
In relation to Fibre, It looks like BT have no plans to roll out Fibre to the cabinet you are connected to at the moment (sorry!). This may change in the future though. I did notice however that ADSL2 services will become present at your exchange by the start of September (if all goes to plan of course). I'm sure we could put you on that once that rolls out Smiley
If there's any problems with the connection after tomorrow, give me a shout!. Thanks
devil5882
Grafter

Ok Thanks for your help
devil5882
Grafter

The download speed is much better upload seems slow  not sure whats normal to be honest.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, your upstream sync is at 448 which is perfectly normal so I'm not sure why you're seeing a slowdown there. Was anything else using the connection when you ran the speed test, and if not does a reboot of the router sort it out?
devil5882
Grafter

No im still getting poor upload speeds
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi devil5882,
Are these wireless results, if so, what speed do you get wired?
Jojo Smiley
devil5882
Grafter

Yh wireless just got a new router and its improved abit
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi devil5882,
That'll be the best you'll get for now until they upgrade your exchange at the end of August, once they do that we'll be able to increase that. On your current technology it costs £7.83 per month to get faster uploads speed.
Jojo Smiley