cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

smlister

Broadband speed

Plusnet have not resolved my problem of low broadband speed over the last 12 months. Finally they told me that they could only guarantee a minimum speed on an ADSL wired connection and could not guarantee any minimum  speed on wifi. I have subsequently changed my broadband provider to sky and guarantee a Wi-Fi minimum speed in every room in my house. Since my connection to them on the 14th of January with a new hub Rueter I have had no problems whatsoever. Plusnet initially provided me with a faulty router and quickly changed it but the replacement router had intermittent connection roblems. I reported this every month during my contract and had four different open reach engineers visit without solving the problem. Plusnet never sent an engineer to check the Wi-Fi connection during the whole of my contract.

2 REPLIES 2
blackcat71
Hooked

Re: Broadband speed

The speeds are getting worse, can't watch catchup without buffering most nights, thankfully Virgin Media are installing fiber around my area now, so there will be a mass exodus from this lot soon from where I live, unfortunatly I have to wait till September till my contract runs out, so just counting the days till I get real fiber and not this FTTC rubbish...

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Broadband speed

Hi @smlister,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've left us due to your experience. If there's anything that we can help with during the post-cancellation period then please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be more than happy to help.

Hi @blackcat71,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your speeds. I've taken a look into this today and the connection appears to be fine from our end of things, with speeds running within the estimated range (currently a sync speed of 66.9Mbps down and 16.7Mbps up) and the connection having been stable for the last 12 days. As this is the case, I believe it's likely that the issues you're experiencing are due to wireless signal issues. Are you currently using our Plusnet Hub One router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team