Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband speed

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

If it is the new socket would i be charged.

I presume the concern is about touching something that was installed by BT/Openreach.   That's a valid question, if BT/OR installed that faceplate and it was subsequently found to be faulty, then would the customer be charged?

Do you have any internal wiring, by which I mean telephone wiring or extension sockets other than the BT master socket?   If so then that's another reason to check from the test socket, as it eliminates all you internal wiring.

peterwain
Dabbler

The line was sorted out by openreach about two months ago and they installed the new socket.They also disconnected a secondary extension that went to the first floor.I have done a Telephone Test on Plusnet website and the line was found to be faulty outside my property.They say openreach will look into it in the next three working days.The phone line is so noisy now we can hardly use the landline.  We've found a fault with your phone line.

Our engineers will work on the problem you're experiencing. This is usually resolved within 1-3 working days.Fault details
--------------
Fault location: CE
Diagnosis code: T021
Description: FAULT - Earth Contact

External fault reason
---------------------
Reason: FAIL If this isn't the case, we'll contact you to let you know. 

Thanks for all the help I have received on this forum

peterwain
Dabbler

Openreach came out today 21/06/2016 and fixed the noisy line which was away from my property.I am not seeing any improvement in the line speed.Its normally about 6.8 MBPS but still very slow at 3.8 MBPS.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The line is likely to need a reset following the engineer fix, I'll put that through now. You should see an improvement in the next couple of hours.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
peterwain
Dabbler

Thanks for your help.My broadband speed is back to normal..6.6 MBPS. This forum has been a great help Thank You.Solved.