Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Broadband speed

I'm not in the office at the moment, however, looking at your stats, the first thing we'd ask you to do would be to connect your router into your Test Socket. If you could do that and repost your stats that would be great.
DieselSheff
Grafter

the box in which the socket is contained was broken off when we first got this  property so theirfore i believe i have been running my net thru the test socket for all this time .
DieselSheff
Grafter

Those are the test socket results as i dont have a face plate so the test socket has been used constantly since installation
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

A thought - what condition is the test socket in as a damaged one could just give the problems you are seeing
DieselSheff
Grafter

its in a right mess mate and old . dunno who to contact to get new one put on
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Who do you pay your line rental to? Report the damage to your phone line provider and they will quote you the cost of an engineer to replace it.
DieselSheff
Grafter

bt jaggies
DieselSheff
Grafter

i followed all  instructions from the plusnet team and my net has gone down further to 2 meg after rerouting the phone to the downstairs socket as told by the plusnet rep
DieselSheff
Grafter

all this has happened after i asked my upload to be uncapped can someone please investigate this! as the bill is due tomorrow and im not getting the serivice i am paying for so the payment wont be coming until this is sorted because i have followed the instructions from plusnet and this has made it  worse! and your on about charging me 60 pound just for some1  to come out and check!
DieselSheff
Grafter

Speed Issues! Second Time Asking!

HI i have previously reported this
since my upload was uncapped i have been suffering 3 meg download when previously on 8 . i was given a phone call telling me to change the phone upstairs to downstairs and everything should be fine i have posted my stats on the previous post aswell . after moving the phone to the downstairs filter i am now receiving 2 meg download . Will somebody please look into this for me! as the bill is due tomorrow the 26th and i will not be paying it if the shoddy speeds continue . i Have always been impressed with customer service on here but i have had no useful responses off any1 for 3 days! . Yes i know its christmas but the forum should be closed temporarily if no staff are available. will someone look into my account asap! as this is even worse than sky broadband at the minute . Help Please
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed Issues! Second Time Asking!

Are you suggesting the forum should be closed every Saturday and Sunday as well? There's no staff officially on them then either.
Also please keep your posts to one topic - raising multiple topics won't get any help quicker and will get you in to trouble with the moderators.
Previous topic: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121594.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you using only the cables supplied with the router or are you using any extension cables? You should have the filter plugged directly in to the test socket and the router and phone plugged in to that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DieselSheff
Grafter

Re: Speed Issues! Second Time Asking!

well cmon whats the point if no official staff are available ? no offence
DieselSheff
Grafter

filter plugged into test socket and no extensions dude just router plugged in and phone .  took phone out and it made it worse staff need to look  into this if they want the bill paying its been like this for nearly 2 weeks man
DieselSheff
Grafter

yes cables supplied with router the onli time these problems have occured is when they uncapped my upload but they are not listening to me speeds were fine before that thats why im asking an official staff member to sort it bro